Alleged sexual assault down the Marquee last night

When i read about the evidence not being allowed.I wondered why the prosecution could have f*cked up in the first place.Hard to know if there was other evidence outside of what was refused.It doesn't appear to be,so the case was always a bit thin on evidence.Up the north they had transcripts read out from records on the lads 'whats app' messages.Dodgey stuff nowadays,you can be traced anywhere at anytime nowadays.

It is, didn't Graham Dwyer get caught out over over phone records too?

I'd be very wary about how the WhatsApp messages in that northern case are interpreted though. Like there's nothing illegal about telling your mates about your sexual exploits, so it would seem to me that that information is included to impugn the character of these fellas.

Also, if you had just raped a woman, would you go around telling people? Doesn't sound like too tense a situation if they were happy to boast about it to their mates.

I was literally just reading about that case this minute. How is that the two lads can be openly named but the two in Cork couldn't? Different laws in the North?

On the subject of the Cork one. She must have known from the very beginning that it was going to be very difficult to prove anything, which would make a "false" rape claim pretty pointless. That would suggest to me that there was truth in what she alleged, but who knows.

The statements she made contradicted each other, but she might have been more drunk than she let on and so perhaps consent could be debatable.

When i read about the evidence not being allowed.I wondered why the prosecution could have f*cked up in the first place.Hard to know if there was other evidence outside of what was refused.It doesn't appear to be,so the case was always a bit thin on evidence.Up the north they had transcripts read out from records on the lads 'whats app' messages.Dodgey stuff nowadays,you can be traced anywhere at anytime nowadays.

According to the Irish Times, they took more swabs but because the accused admitted intercourse had taken place, they weren't tested.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-ne...oyfriend-to-say-she-was-bruised-36534721.html

...how the fuck this case ever reached a Court (never mind PROC HIGH Court) is beyond shaking your head at, even on the scant information we have available to us....course we have to be careful that we don't offend the sensitive in our society eh...will it stop gals traipsing back to 'tour bus' pre and post event...will it fuck.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: The Kates

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼