Search results

1. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Since the Waterford game we have all been talking about the problems with Cork hurling. An inability to defend and the workrate of some players have been mentioned. Why is everybody getting so annoyed when has been said for the last two weeks on here gets repeated by Donal Og? I think it needs...
  2. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don't think that is the point. The point is that we need to give ourselves the best chance to win every game and I am not sure if that is happening. Sort that out and then see how far that gets us. If we are still not good enough then so be it.
  3. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Winning six is less of a challenge than winning the next two. If we should be lucky enough to escape out of Munster then momentum would build and lessons learned.
  4. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

In general I think what was said about Waterford before our game with them was not far wrong....what I don't think anybody predicted was that Cork could be so badly awful. For me this game was one of the most disappointing in a long time because I don't believe we were beaten by a better team...
  5. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If anything I think Clare not being able to sustain their play against Limerick has been an issue for them.
  6. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think the picked against Clare was very close to being as good as we can have. As it happens I think that is very good. Midfield is the one area I think that has not been sorted more than any. I think Ethan Twomey may be one part of that jigsaw and for me I would like to see TOC tried again...
  7. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don't think he won too many hearts and minds of Clare followers after the Munster final last year tbh.
  8. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I know what you are saying but I have a different take on the day. I have no problem with Clare, they can only play what is in front of them and do the best they can to win the game. My disappointment is that I don't think they were better than us. Our lack of tactical nous in defending. Our...
  9. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I dont think the baby should be thrown out with the bathwater and I am not calling for wholesale changes as I think there are few players who could argue they didn't get a fair trial this year. From last year Eoin Downey has already made the team and Saunderson is already sub goalkeeper and I...
  10. N

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Most of the team picks itself really but it does show the advantage of having a settled team. These lads will know what to expect from those around them and know what is expected of them as well.
  11. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think that is a sensible post. I posted on here a couple of days ago that I could accept defeat easier if I could see a plan to build a team from scratch based on the younger players. I don't really see a clear plan for this. There are exceptions but generally it takes a number of years to...
  12. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If I thought that we genuinely did not have the talent to beat Waterford or Clare then defeat would be easier to accept... but I genuinely don't believe that. Last year the strongest team was not picked until the last championship game... but that was understandable as it was the first year for...
  13. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wonder who , if anyone is in charge of defensive coaching with this Cork squad or is it one coach to cover everything? Wayne Sherlock as as good a defender as Cork ever had , I can't imagine how he could be happy with his team conceding 3-26.
  14. N

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

A four hour trek across very hilly terrain with a lot of hostiles lying in ambush, I hope they made it safely.
  15. N

The Hurling Thread

All we have to do is beat Limerick and Tipp and then worry about the permutations. I think I may have spotted a problem for us.
  16. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I agree clarity is needed because who decides what an exceptional circumstance is ? Certainly not cramp for sure but I thought at the time it looked far more serious than that. I think Patrick Collins needed to take responsibility and I would suggest the Cork players should have gone to check...
  17. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Does that also apply for head injuries or is it only for particular parts of the body ? Some injuries can be serious and need immediate attention and it may not even be the most obvious injury. I think referees should err on the side of players health. If fake injuries start to become a problem...
  18. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I was at the game and didn't know what the injury was. James Owens MD.
  19. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That may be so but can you imagine how that would look with a potentially seriously injured player lying flat on the pitch. I don't think anybody knew the extent of the" injury " then. Should the ref insisted on play continuing when Peter Casey was injured ? I don't think referees can take...
  20. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don't know if it matters or makes any difference but the average age of the Clare team is a full two years older than Cork based on the starting fifteen of both teams yesterday.(going by year of birth) Clare also have 7 players 30 or older on the team Cork have 2. In part it does explain that...