Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think at this day and age to bring Coleman into a half back line vs a team like limerick in particular is quite insane. He is a fine hurler but not for this level at centre back or half back either. The obvious and far more straight forward option was millerick and match up on the limerick forwards accordingly.
It’s hard to see that midfield and centre back combination in anyway matching up vs what limerick have to offer there.
Rumours about the coaching have been going around for a while at this stage and a full post-mortem should take place on Sunday, I don’t think pat has done himself many favours with the back up he has surrounded himself with, all fine fellas but compared to limerick or Clare for example not there really.
If the game is close and competitive a fully fit Robbie Flynn is a massive loss, however it should be millerick, Twomey, roche, Kingston and O’Connor rather then the Clare game subs changes
Joyce’s loss will be fully understood by 9 on Saturday evening, a superb player still learning at this level but far and away corks best defender

Brian Hayes has 1 point from 2 Apps. The lad is neither a scorer or a ball winner ( even though some here say he is for some reason). He also can’t tackle. How in gods name is he getting another go???
PR isn't ruthless and fears the back lash of starting O Connor or Kingston as they would be the only capable 2 of starting.
Hayes a safer option as fellas say 'sure he's only a young fella give a chance'
Where as if he starts O' Connor he'll be accused of looking after a club man and if he starts Kingston it'll be usual of he's not a starter he's an impact sub.

Barrett quite clearly has been one of our best performers over the first two games.

He was excellent against Waterford and had Conlon under a lot of pressure at times against Clare. Hoping he can have a big game on Hannon but Limerick's covering defense is very good.

Joyce being out is huge unfortunately. Pity about Robbie but I don't think he's been got anyway but would love to see him back and on form. We're playing for our lives and the fact they're not could have bearing . We'll have a fairly good idea by 7:05 pm on Saturday

Well done Sarah, great to see all hands on deck...
I have no time for Cork pundits who trade in negative gossip to be relevant.
Particularly in the lead up to a massive knock out game.
Not the first rodeo for Sarah on this front.
Does no good for anyone at this moment in time.
If there are issues to be addressed it should be at the end of the season and should be behind closed doors.
I agree.
However the issues have been leaked and for quite some time.
As I said earlier it was posted here weeks ago.

The fact there's a leak in the camps says enough about the camp anyway.

Be very hard to see PR do his 3rd year if lose to Limerick and Tipp.

Whatever people's opinions are in relation to the current management you'd have to say they've had no luck on the injury front over 2 seasons now, I don't think they've had any game yet with everyone available.
I know injuries are part and parcel of things and every county has them but Cork seem to have a lot of big players absent for vital games.

I have a real concern this could be a repeat of the '21 final. Limerick appear to be reaching yet another level and Cork have fellas starting who simply aren't good enough. Limerick always rise to the big occasion and they'll relish a full house down the Pairc.

I agree.
However the issues have been leaked and for quite some time.
As I said earlier it was posted here weeks ago.

The fact there's a leak in the camps says enough about the camp anyway.

Be very hard to see PR do his 3rd year if lose to Limerick and Tipp.
The issues have been leaked?
Are you for real TF?
There has been gossip posted on here anonymously. The REAL identity and TRUE motivation of the poster(s) unknown.
That gossip is not worth the oxygen it gets for anyone who actually wants the best for the team.
Cork is small, everyone here is probably one to two people removed from the camp, we don't all race on here with stuff we've heard, nor should we.
It's a poisonous way to carry on.

Well done Sarah, great to see all hands on deck...
I have no time for Cork pundits who trade in negative gossip to be relevant.
Particularly in the lead up to a massive knock out game.
Not the first rodeo for Sarah on this front.
Does no good for anyone at this moment in time.
If there are issues to be addressed it should be at the end of the season and should be behind closed doors.
Spot on, she's a clown and complete bluffer, fits right in with Ger Gilroy

I have a real concern this could be a repeat of the '21 final. Limerick appear to be reaching yet another level and Cork have fellas starting who simply aren't good enough. Limerick always rise to the big occasion and they'll relish a full house down the Pairc.
The team isn’t too far away from the 21 team either. I fear that this is as good as we are. Realistically the players gave it their all against Clare and still came up short. We were fortunate to only lose by 2 also. As indeed we were fortunate to only lose to Waterford by 2.

I really hope I’m wrong but I think we’re coming to the end of a few lads inter county careers. I just hope it doesn’t end badly for them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼