Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Listen its madness playing Coleman wing back and that midfield pairing vs Limerick.

Lets hope for a miracle and a mightly win with a Connelly hattrick but P Ryan has learnt very little IMO, hope to be proven wrong but thats just poor selection again based on the 1st 2 games.
We could hope it's a dummy team....
By all accounts looking at it, Robbie isn't fit as not on 26 and going with Hayes starting again so surely it's time O Connor or even Kingston is given the nod to start.
One of them starts, prob O Connor and Kingston comes on with 20/25 mins.
As I said swap Tim with Twomey or even Coleman swaps with Twomey, Twomey to bench and start Millerick.
Tim and Coleman midfield.
Coleman a sweeper then.

Sarah O'Donovan on Off The Ball this morning said that rumours are that all is not well behind the scenes in the Cork Camp and that the setup and training has not been to the level that the players have expected. She wasn't quizzed on her sources but you'd have to imagine Donal O'Rourke is responsible for the training sessions with Ryan in overall charge. Highly regarded S&C coach Stephen Casey was replaced this year too which may not have gone down well with the players.

Whatever the truth is behind the scenes the players are still responsible for leaving it all out there on matchday and we haven't seen that yet...

Sarah O'Donovan on Off The Ball this morning said that rumours are that all is not well behind the scenes in the Cork Camp and that the setup and training has not been to the level that the players have expected. She wasn't quizzed on her sources but you'd have to imagine Donal O'Rourke is responsible for the training sessions with Ryan in overall charge. Highly regarded S&C coach Stephen Casey was replaced this year too which may not have gone down well with the players.

Whatever the truth is behind the scenes the players are still responsible for leaving it all out there on matchday and we haven't seen that yet...
These rumours have been suggested several times on the thread since February/March...
So her source could be here or else it's the same source we hear off before posted here...

Not to be defeatist but I don’t see that team or panel winning on Saturday night. I like Downey at 3 and 6 but no Coleman at 7 and Fitzgibbon at 9 are very risky. In a way though I’m glad he didn’t change too much because we can’t be wielding the axe on players after one bad game. Let’s give Hayes a chance to find his level. If we lose all 4 matches then it may be time to cut fellas inter county careers short but stability is needed now while we still have a chance. Lose and we’ll probably see young lads get a go against Tipp.

Easy to understand those comments. When you have so many good players sitting on the bench and getting no worthwhile playing time. It's up to manager to keep the group focused and unified, maybe that's not happening.

Not to be defeatist but I don’t see that team or panel winning on Saturday night. I like Downey at 3 and 6 but no Coleman at 7 and Fitzgibbon at 9 are very risky. In a way though I’m glad he didn’t change too much because we can’t be wielding the axe on players after one bad game. Let’s give Hayes a chance to find his level. If we lose all 4 matches then it may be time to cut fellas inter county careers short but stability is needed now while we still have a chance. Lose and we’ll probably see young lads get a go against Tipp.
He wielded the axe big time after one bad game v Waterford. Those players have been left to one side since

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Daniel Lukas: The Only Funny German
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼