Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He wielded the axe big time after one bad game v Waterford. Those players have been left to one side since
He did and in my opinion there was a bit of an overreaction. He brought lads in who had no game time at all against Waterford and ended up having to bring them off quite early. In game management hasn’t been great. Harnedy, Dalton and E Twomey were all taken off around the same time last week and it disrupted the balance. If we do the same again this week we’re done. Hopefully we keep 15 on the pitch for the full game.

Barrett has been arguably our best player in championship and you would consider dropping him???
One of our better performers for sure.
On reflection, move Barret inside for Hayes to accommodate Fitz.
Obviously they've decided they are welded to the running game and are going for it which is admirable. Just think we could get cleaned out from 5 to 9...hope I'm wrong!

We could hope it's a dummy team....
By all accounts looking at it, Robbie isn't fit as not on 26 and going with Hayes starting again so surely it's time O Connor or even Kingston is given the nod to start.
One of them starts, prob O Connor and Kingston comes on with 20/25 mins.
As I said swap Tim with Twomey or even Coleman swaps with Twomey, Twomey to bench and start Millerick.
Tim and Coleman midfield.
Coleman a sweeper then.
It could be but P Ryan hasn't put out a dummy team if memory serves.

He did and in my opinion there was a bit of an overreaction. He brought lads in who had no game time at all against Waterford and ended up having to bring them off quite early. In game management hasn’t been great. Harnedy, Dalton and E Twomey were all taken off around the same time last week and it disrupted the balance. If we do the same again this week we’re done. Hopefully we keep 15 on the pitch for the full game.
Making no subs in an intercounty hurling match is an insane thing to do

Brian Hayes has 1 point from 2 Apps. The lad is neither a scorer or a ball winner ( even though some here say he is for some reason). He also can’t tackle. How in gods name is he getting another go???

Sarah O'Donovan on Off The Ball this morning said that rumours are that all is not well behind the scenes in the Cork Camp and that the setup and training has not been to the level that the players have expected. She wasn't quizzed on her sources but you'd have to imagine Donal O'Rourke is responsible for the training sessions with Ryan in overall charge. Highly regarded S&C coach Stephen Casey was replaced this year too which may not have gone down well with the players.

Whatever the truth is behind the scenes the players are still responsible for leaving it all out there on matchday and we haven't seen that yet...
Well done Sarah, great to see all hands on deck...
I have no time for Cork pundits who trade in negative gossip to be relevant.
Particularly in the lead up to a massive knock out game.
Not the first rodeo for Sarah on this front.
Does no good for anyone at this moment in time.
If there are issues to be addressed it should be at the end of the season and should be behind closed doors.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼