Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Another problem with Rebel Og for sure.
Fellas picked at minor based on Rebel Og performances years previous.
It’s a joke and it can’t be disbanded soon enough. You’ve a fella managing another Cork underage team that is coaching teams for nearly 20 years and I can’t recall any team he was involved in ever winning anything.
100%, I don't think Cork have a won a senior All Ireland Hurling championship since rebel og started. They are some joke, 8 teams max in most grades, they just tick boxes to get competitions finished.

He won a good bit with kilmoyley brought to Croke park 2 years ago .. all Ireland intermediate final. He is a god down there .
I don’t think Meyler has to answer to anyone in terms of what he’s achieved as a manager. Most managers could only dream of achieving what he has. But he has been there and done that and I think the minor job should’ve been used to develop potential future senior/u20 managers. Lads like Sean og/Tom Kenny/Ronan Curran/Jamie Wall/Anthony Nash or even Diarmuid O Sullivan would have been more suitable candidates. Although it also comes down to the availability of people as well who was looking for the job.

I don’t think Meyler has to answer to anyone in terms of what he’s achieved as a manager. Most managers could only dream of achieving what he has. But he has been there and done that and I think the minor job should’ve been used to develop potential future senior/u20 managers. Lads like Sean og/Tom Kenny/Ronan Curran/Jamie Wall/Anthony Nash or even Diarmuid O Sullivan would have been more suitable candidates. Although it also comes down to the availability of people as well who was looking for the job.
I'm lost here "Could only Dream". This is bonkers stuff! absolute bonkers! A decent Club manager lets be honest. FFS lads have i just heard a fella say he is God down in North Kerry. This is Cork Hurling not some stick fighting out the Country.
How does a lad nearly hitting 70 be put in charge of a Minor team. Best of Luck for the Season.

I'm lost here "Could only Dream". This is bonkers stuff! absolute bonkers! A decent Club manager lets be honest. FFS lads have i just heard a fella say he is God down in North Kerry. This is Cork Hurling not some stick fighting out the Country.
How does a lad nearly hitting 70 be put in charge of a Minor team. Best of Luck for the Season.
Did Cork not win 2 Munster titles under him? I know for Cork it’s nothing special but it’s still a significant achievement all the same.

I understand the cork city u17 played the west cork u17 Celtic challenge team in a challenge game yesterday, in the pairc Astro , anyone at it?
I’ve heard that the Celtic challenge is losing its gloss. In some regions the best of the rest outside the minor panel didn’t even go to the Celtic challenge trials. What’s wrong there?

I think Meyler is fine as manager as I’m sure he’s a good motivator with young lads and is good in public appearances etc. The issue I have with him comes with his coaching and back room team who are definitely not the best coach and selectors in the county. Meyler puts them in place so he ultimately will be the fall guy if this team doesn’t perform but here is hoping they have a great year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼