Your Mental Health

Good point. So loyal and comforting. Some people have dogs that are for rehabilitation therapy.
Man's best friend
I have been dogsitting my daughter in laws dog for two weeks. A blue Italian greyhound, I was amazed at the reactions of many people when I walk him, he is very people friendly and many want to pet him especially women and children. He had an amazing interaction with an old lady in a wheelchair, dogs are very perceptive and he brings a smile to most people

Drivetime yesterday had a harrowing story by a lady who has an 11 year old autistic son, He is in mainstream class and when he has meltdowns
the school lock him in a tiny room with no toilet facilities, They keep him there until his parents collect him, He needless to say would be
stressed to the hilt, Such a shocking reflection on how our most vulnerable kids have been neglected,
I saw a tweet from a woman who is part of a cares group, She was protesting at the dail recently and some politicians came out for a photo op,
She said they praised her and her colleagues and pledged to do all they can, She said she emailed some of them but got no reply,
These protest groups who want the best for their families are merely pawns in the political game,

I emailed about 15 TDs a while back. All my local constituency guys, and all the parties'/groups' representativse on the area I was talking about. About a third of them replied. Four of them followed up again, three putting questions to the government and sending me the response. I emailed those four with an update on the situation last week (things did definitely change, it just took a long time.) Two of them responded back. One of them was the assistant saying thanks and saying there were still issues with the situation and they'd be looking at it further. One of them was the assistant saying they'd be showing my thanks directly to the minister. As in the literal email I sent rather than just doing the work for him and getting him to approve it.

So, over a number of years, from about 15 TDs, two of them/their staff kept up with the whole thing. And it wasn't very complex, but something needed.

The two TDs were Mick Barry, who I disagree with a lot. And Michael McGrath, who I disagree with on a lot social issues but is very capable when it comes to finance.

And, to point out, before anyone says, "TDs shouldn't be concerned with local or personal issues," this was something about national policy. And like I said, things were changed over the course of two Dáils. (And the issue was relevant to this thread.)

I emailed about 15 TDs a while back. All my local constituency guys, and all the parties'/groups' representativse on the area I was talking about. About a third of them replied. Four of them followed up again, three putting questions to the government and sending me the response. I emailed those four with an update on the situation last week (things did definitely change, it just took a long time.) Two of them responded back. One of them was the assistant saying thanks and saying there were still issues with the situation and they'd be looking at it further. One of them was the assistant saying they'd be showing my thanks directly to the minister. As in the literal email I sent rather than just doing the work for him and getting him to approve it.

So, over a number of years, from about 15 TDs, two of them/their staff kept up with the whole thing. And it wasn't very complex, but something needed.

The two TDs were Mick Barry, who I disagree with a lot. And Michael McGrath, who I disagree with on a lot social issues but is very capable when it comes to finance.

And, to point out, before anyone says, "TDs shouldn't be concerned with local or personal issues," this was something about national policy. And like I said, things were changed over the course of two Dáils. (And the issue was relevant to this thread.)
If you look at some of their facebook pages where they post about the great stuff they do , you will always see a comment from
somebody saying...."when are you going to reply to all of the emails i have sent you?" The usual reply is... " Please contact my office
and we will help you" Great people for the photo ops,

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼