Vulgar Victoria

Victoria was the famine queen and was the figure-head for a nation that let over a million Irish people die of hunger while food was being exported from Irish ports to Britain. Thankfully we never named any of our streets or avenues after Trevelyn.

:cool:
Yeah with fellow Irishmen exporting the food.
Put a sock in it man!

Local traders around mccurtain st have rebranded the area the victorian quarter not sure if city council gave go ahead but lord mayor was at unveiling

Yeah, I think it had something to do with the (presumably) Victorian architecture there - See the Metropole and the buildings opposite. As I say I think it's a bit silly trying to deny or rename what's widely accepted as the Victorian or Edwardian ages.

:cool:
Yeah with fellow Irishmen exporting the food.
Put a sock in it man!

What point are you trying to make there fella? A million dying of starvation while food was exported from Irish ports under british rule. I'm sure the labourers were thankful to have a job to earn money to put food on their family's table. It's those higher up calling the shots that could and should have made the change. But maybe you just don't quite get that

I think Diarmuid O'Cadhla is a fairly erudite well intentioned bloke. Yeah his ideas aren't shared by all but I think his heart is in the right place and unlike John O'Donovan he's willing to listen to others. Though yes he does seem to be pretty unelectable

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Making A Scene

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼