Your Mental Health

Sad day lads a guy I got to know very well during two stays in hospital has sadly lost his fight against mental illness.
We stayed in touch and he seemed like me to be doing pretty well. I'm devestated he was a absolute gentleman and had some
gas opinions. Very much Langer Dan but less angry!!!

Lads and Ladies if any of ye are struggling reach out and fight to get help.

I'll miss ya bro, live forever.
So sorry to hear that, take care,

Sad day lads a guy I got to know very well during two stays in hospital has sadly lost his fight against mental illness.
We stayed in touch and he seemed like me to be doing pretty well. I'm devestated he was a absolute gentleman and had some

So sorry to hear this, RIP to your friend.

RIP

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that Jack.

Thanks lads. My weekends sorted going to waterford with a friend tomorrow just for a ramble and it beats staying in
miserable.

Again....If you are struggling tell someone and get the help that keeps you alive even another day.

I've spoke about this before but after vodka and sleeping pills I made a call to someone who got me into hospital A&E
and she even put the noose on the reception desk to make sure I was seen.

This may upset some but although A&E made sure I was not going to die it's only that my friend kicked off that I was seen
by a mental health team. When I say kicked off I really mean it. The hospital were more than happy to let me#
'Sleep it off' but I was seen and although they did fuck all I was alive.

I am so lucky to have had health insurance so I could get inpatient care and it kills me people who can't afford
it are being pullled out of the river or hanging themselves.

My main point is if you or a loved one needs to go to A&E due to being suicidal kick up an absolute fuking fuss.
People may say blah blah they are overworked yada yada

Fuck that! For yourself or a friend or a loved one kick the fuck off until they are seen!! Forget being told 'people are waiting'
or you are being too loud' Who gives a fuck!? I dont need to be Matlock to know if you fight for a loved one or yourself
to be seen some jacked up over the hill bouncer ain't going to beat you in court.

Lads, enjoy the weekend, enjoy sport, music or whatever the fuck. There's been enough misery and enough people have died

Stay the fuck well.

Well I've always found that having a positive attitude is a winning formula, be it in the boardroom, the bedroom, at the racetrack or out on the golf course, but that's just me.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

23rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

You Spin Me Round: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼