Yamaha XT500

Any members out there own or ride an XT? I've had one with years, my favourite bike! I'm just interested in finding out if there are any others about. I've seen a few around. It was a very popular bike around Cork 30 years ago, but not many around these days.

Nope, but I may have accidentally just bought a Honda Transalp XL700 on ebay for a lot more than I'm willing to spend. Just hope someone outbids me in the next day and a half!

Nope, but I may have accidentally just bought a Honda Transalp XL700 on ebay for a lot more than I'm willing to spend. Just hope someone outbids me in the next day and a half!

As those Rally/Paris Dakar style bikes go that one is not the greatest tbh, the mate had one and had a fair bit of grief with it. Drove it once and found it a bit unremarkable.
The Beemer Gs is the job and a fairly impressive bike all round. My only beef is the price tag and that if you're not over 6ft (I'm not) they are a bit hard to manage in slow traffic.
D'ole Honda Africa Twin is still a nice bike and there is a shaft driven version that was released for the German market that is pretty bullet proof.

God I wish I still had my bikes :(

Last edited:
Any members out there own or ride an XT? I've had one with years, my favourite bike! I'm just interested in finding out if there are any others about. I've seen a few around. It was a very popular bike around Cork 30 years ago, but not many around these days.

Still see the odd one around , there is a nice one about with the chrome tank that looks like it just came out of the shop.

I see there is a new version of it, but it doesn't hold a match to the original bike. The 70's was the golden era for bikes imo - all my faves are from then.

P.s. Kwackers would be my big one - fuck they made some great bikes then.

Hi lad, Myself & the brother have 3 XT 500's in the shed. 2 are running and 1 in the process of being restored. There's a few around alright but Dont see them out and about too often. They're a great bike !

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Ar House Ar Fad

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼