Wuhan Wheeze

Mate of mine has Covid, is vaccinated, and is completely fine. But he's refusing to stay at home or isolate, with the mentality of "I'm grand, and if I pass it onto someone unvaccinated, that's their own fault".

Is there any legal requirement for someone who has tested positive to stay at home, or is it done on a trust system?

Paddy loves a good trust system.

Your buddy could also make someone who is vaccinated very sick. Many peoples vaccine protection is fading at this stage, including a lot who are high risk. Also there are people with genuine health concerns who are not vaccinated.

I thought maybe the last 20 months might encourage people who never stay the fuck out of work/social occasions when they're sick to cop on a bit. But that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately.

Your buddy could also make someone who is vaccinated very sick. Many peoples vaccine protection is fading at this stage, including a lot who are high risk. Also there are people with genuine health concerns who are not vaccinated.

I thought maybe the last 20 months might encourage people who never stay the fuck out of work/social occasions when they're sick to cop on a bit. But that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately.

I've always hated those attention seeking martyrs.

Mike Ryan talking about having no other choice but to introduce a mandatory regime if all else fails. How would they go about that though, get the guards to hold people down and jab them? https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/...zE4PQagneX3_aG4xOzpH43vbMbzVCvptxp4cJ9A9CGEWY
To be fair I watched that interview and he was clearly uncomfortable with suggestion. He was asked by if they should be brought in, and rather than making headlines by saying no, he said you should do everything else before you consider it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: The Kates

Coughlan's, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼