Wimbledon 22

I'm a federer fan have been since i read this this by David Foster Wallace, on his excellence

Its a great read. But you're right. Any late stage career resurgence is likely suspect. He switched rackets from a 90" area to a 98" around then. But that sceams cover story to me. Like giving up gluten.

Ive never liked Rafa. Not since the un-named spanish tennis star was implicated in working with Fuentes in operation puerto (there were 2 and David Ferrer was one of them apparently)

And Djokovic is all kinds of asshole but you're still right

Since Roger won his first Wimbledon in 2003. Of the 75 slams mens and women's the 3 lads won 63 between them

Very good post.

There was an excellent website on the subject of doping in tennis.

It gave regular quarterly reports into testing numbers and the ratio of urine tests to blood.

It seems to be gone in the last month though. There was some pretty libellous stuff in the comments section so I'm guessing it got pulled.

I think there has been question marks around Nadal for most of his career. The rumours have always followed him around.

As already said Roger's remarkable return to slam winning form in 17 just doesn't stack up. Athletes jusy don't come back like that. The fact Djokovic was injured should be a consideration but he was able to overcome Nadal as well at the time.

It may come off as sour grapes to question Djokovic's achievements but there's clearly some doping going on imo. For a 35 year old to be as dominant in a sport as he is just doesn't stack up.

The testing numbers in tennis are something like only a quarter of those in cycling with similarish budgets for testing. The relative lack of blood testing shows the system is very open to abuse.

Last edited:
I wonder was kyrgios subtley alluding to it when he jokingly said “I’m absolutely shattered after that” in response to the question about whether he’s looking forward to more finals.

He had a match less, Novak went to at least 4 sets in his last 3 matches and he was still battering them around the court. It’s as blatant as Farah falling and getting back up to rejoin the pack in the olympics.
Could be, but I'd say it's more to do with how he plays Tennis as and when he likes, and is not that committed to it.

They seem to like each other now after some banter on twitter.

Is there anything bants can't do?

I wonder was kyrgios subtley alluding to it when he jokingly said “I’m absolutely shattered after that” in response to the question about whether he’s looking forward to more finals.

He had a match less, Novak went to at least 4 sets in his last 3 matches and he was still battering them around the court. It’s as blatant as Farah falling and getting back up to rejoin the pack in the olympics.
Kyrgios doesn’t do subtlety m8.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Blue Steel

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼