Why cycle lanes will never work in Cork

SoundY.. for the record I said "less than 5% I'd say?". Hardly the statement of fact you'd like it to be was it? I went and found the answer - 25% apparently, much higher than I would have thought.. I wonder how they define 'separated'?

Saw the Traffic Corps pull up to a red light this morning, and then decide to just drive trough it. No sirens or flashing lights, no rushing to get anywhere.. just couldn't be bothered waiting. These gobshites don't seem to realise that the vast majority of motorists no longer care about breaking the lights anymore now either since nothing will be done about it

25% compared to your 5% guestimate - and that's what I called it rather than a statement of fact. It goes to show just how out of touch you are with the reality of cycling and cyclists in Cork that you underestimated something you clearly have a bee in your bonnet about, by a factor of five!!!!
Probably best leave the commentary on cyclists and cycling in Cork to those of us who know what we're talking about and you can stick to posting about Dublin - maybe there's a site up there you could post on too while you're at it

:lol:

The reason I was nominated for the ioty by the Christmas Lemmings was that you completely misinterpreted the rules of the road and convinced One who I'd schooled a number of times to put me on it.

You seemed to think that a particular road number going one way in a cross-roads conveys the need not to indicate when turning right. It was pointed out that the road markings on said road approaching the junction showed (and continue to show) the larger arrow going straight on (if you were living in Cork you'd know that) and the narrower arrow pointing right over the bridge. You convinced a few fellow lemmings then by your misinterpretation of the RotR. :lol:

There used to be a right of way for traffic coming from Kyle Street turning left (south)onto North-Main Street. Traffic going south on North-Main Street approaching that junction had to yield, irrespective of the fact that they were already on North-Main Street. It would have been obvious to anyone from Cork and living in Cork that the name or number of the street didn't confer right of way to the road-user, it's the signage. Perhaps they run things differently where you live in Dublin though :)

Go on, tell us again how your estimate of 5% is actually 25% :lol:

The reason I was nominated for the ioty by the Christmas Lemmings was that you completely misinterpreted the rules of the road and convinced One who I'd schooled a number of times to put me on it.

I concur and too be fair, the competition was run by two simpletons. Don't take it to heart as they wouldn't know their orse from their elbow. :)

"the christmas lemmings" - isn't that a chipmunks song?

latest

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Perfect Days (Pg)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼