Why are the working class innately superior to the middle and upper classes?

Why are the working class innately superior to the middle and upper classes?

Apparently, it's better to be in the working classes. If you're not, you're some sort of fraud.. You're not even a part of the real Cork.

What fucking nonsense. It stinks of inferiority complex.

But what say you?

Hi there,
Funny, as someone from a working class background, I seem to recall a fair bit of bias going the other way: when I attended UCC (yes, they let the likes of me in), I can recall being offended by posters advertising a debate showing a cartoon of a team of anthropologists by the North Main Street meeting a group of apes heading down from the other side of the North Gate Bridge....
Now, I realise that this may have been intended to promote debate, but it was a bit offensive! I mean, it wasn't even FUNNY!

Corkman said:
Hi there,
Funny, as someone from a working class background, I seem to recall a fair bit of bias going the other way: when I attended UCC (yes, they let the likes of me in), I can recall being offended by posters advertising a debate showing a cartoon of a team of anthropologists by the North Main Street meeting a group of apes heading down from the other side of the North Gate Bridge....

if they did that now it would have entirely different connotations...

Corkman said:
Hi there,
Now, I realise that this may have been intended to promote debate, but it was a bit offensive! I mean, it wasn't even FUNNY!

WOW i didn't know apes could talk / type and even make a little sense

~odb~ said:
Apparently, it's better to be in the working classes. If you're not, you're some sort of fraud.. You're not even a part of the real Cork.

What fucking nonsense. It stinks of inferiority complex.

But what say you?

hehe, classsic

steve sanders said:
if they did that now it would have entirely different connotations...

Thats why they wouldnt do it

I was pretty much in the same boat as Corkman but when I went to UCC got on with most people in my class no matter where they were from , didnt really come into it

bar 1 time when a hockey-chick in my class said to me "At least I'm not from the North-side"

to which I responed "At least I'm not a cunt"

I guess we all have our crosses to bare.....

It always interests me to see the contrast between the calibre of car that turns right going out the western road to go off up the "Shanakiel escape", and those that opt to continue out towards Victoria Cross towards the south-western suburbs. It hasn't changed much over the years.

Ciotóg said:
It always interests me to see the contrast between the calibre of car that turns right going out the western road to go off up the "Shanakiel escape", and those that opt to continue out towards Victoria Cross towards the south-western suburbs. It hasn't changed much over the years.

I've oftern pondered that myself over a pint in Annies

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼