Who still uses a desk top computer?

If you're able to, building your own desktop is the way to go. No paying for things you don't need.

Also, desktops are easily upgradeable. I have 8GB RAM in mine but chose a motherboard that would take another 2*4GB if needed, giving a total of 16GB. As is, 8 is doing the job. For now. Same goes for the hard drive. Even if you need to throw out the mobo and processor, the RAM, PSU, Graphics Card and Housing can all stay.

The ONLY advantage of laptops are portability imo. A huge % of laptops never leave the desk which is a waste of money

If you're able to, building your own desktop is the way to go. No paying for things you don't need.

Also, desktops are easily upgradeable. I have 8GB RAM in mine but chose a motherboard that would take another 2*4GB if needed, giving a total of 16GB. As is, 8 is doing the job. For now. Same goes for the hard drive. Even if you need to throw out the mobo and processor, the RAM, PSU, Graphics Card and Housing can all stay.

The ONLY advantage of laptops are portability imo. A huge % of laptops never leave the desk which is a waste of money

Isn't that the point? :lol:

I lobbed an SSD into my 2-year-old, I7 etc, laptop, greased lightning-ish. I'm sure a desktop could/would be faster but for most stuff, not required.

I use a 2012 Mac Mini connected to an LG TV and a 2014 MacBook Air.
The Mac Mini shows no signs of slowing down, even though it has only 4GB of RAM. Might upgrade it to 8/16GB of RAM soon to future proof it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
I'm Grand Mam presents That's Showbiz
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

2nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼