Which sports book are you reading at the moment?

Found a copy of Eamonn Young's "Rebels At The Double" a few years back. Much better than Russell's book in its immediacy.
I found a copy of it myself a few months ago. I thought that book by Adrian Russell was a great read, with some cracking stories in it but the 1990 book by Eamonn Young is great as well.

Adrian Russell's book is better for the stories and anecdotes, while Eamonn Young's book covers the actual in the moment stuff better. Eamonn Young gives you his accounts of the matches (even the league ones), as well as his reports on both homecomings.

They both compliment each other well. It would be awesome to see Cork win another double, but history tells us that it's a once in every hundred years kind of event!

Last edited:
Listening to "Angels with Dirty Faces, the History of Argentinian Football" by Johnathan Wilson atm. Similar to Jimmy Burns book Barca, it gives a history of the times and places as well as the football and that's a format I love. Would recommend.

Now a WARNING: Today I purchased "The World's Biggest Cash Machine", a book about the Glazers (might have mentioned them once or twice) pllage of Man Utd.

So if you're strolling through Ballyphehane Park and you see a fella with a Jack Russell, kicking seats and bopping trees, do say Hello.

Listening to "Angels with Dirty Faces, the History of Argentinian Football" by Johnathan Wilson atm. Similar to Jimmy Burns book Barca, it gives a history of the times and places as well as the football and that's a format I love. Would recommend.

Now a WARNING: Today I purchased "The World's Biggest Cash Machine", a book about the Glazers (might have mentioned them once or twice) pllage of Man Utd.

So if you're strolling through Ballyphehane Park and you see a fella with a Jack Russell, kicking seats and bopping trees, do say Hello.
And make sure to say "ooosa goodboy den??? oosa GOOD. BOY??!" to licha

Nearly finished it now.

Great Chapter on Bielsa. Crikey that guy is OBSSESSED with football. Spends 14 hours a day watching videos, or did in his younger days at least.

Fun Fact For Billy. In 1904 Independiente were so impressed with the touring Nottingham Forest team, they changed their colours to the same as Forest.

For fact for the fisherman. Forest were relegated the next year.

Nearly finished it now.

Great Chapter on Bielsa. Crikey that guy is OBSSESSED with football. Spends 14 hours a day watching videos, or did in his younger days at least.

Fun Fact For Billy. In 1904 Independiente were so impressed with the touring Nottingham Forest team, they changed their colours to the same as Forest.

For fact for the fisherman. Forest were relegated the next year.
Fantastic book alright. I see Wilson is starting a football history podcast as part of The Overlap

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kerbdog - 30th Anniversary Show
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:30pm

More events ▼