What is the finest building in Cork?

As a building, 50 Popes Quay.

But as a group of buildings in a setting, the North Mall and opposite that the amazing character of Boole's old house and the adjacent terrace of similar buildings (despite their current dilapidated state). My favorite part of town around there.
The view of George's Quay from Fr Matthew Quay is great as well. Lots of unusual buildings meshed together.

I only posted it because I worked on the construction, but it's a decent building nontheless
Ah you cant be serious... The only interesting thing about this was the use of vibrationless sheet piling... leaving the old house is just a laugh.... get rid of it or make the front facade all the same.
Id love if we had the balls to knock a building completely and do the facade in old style look with modern materials behind... it would open up our city architecture wonderfully

Ah you cant be serious... The only interesting thing about this was the use of vibrationless sheet piling... leaving the old house is just a laugh.... get rid of it or make the front facade all the same.
Id love if we had the balls to knock a building completely and do the facade in old style look with modern materials behind... it would open up our city architecture wonderfully
I like it. Each to their own I suppose.

Shandon church and bell tower without a shadow of a doubt. It is (rightly IMO) Cork’s “brand” symbol (the way the Ha’penny Bridge is for Dumpland) - other unique beautiful structures in the city on my list would include St. Finbarre’s Cathedral, the Buttermarket, 48 Grand Parade (unique) and the UCC Quadrangle.

In terms of modern buildings, Glucksman Gallery in UCC wins hands down.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Crash Test Dummies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cathal Fitz

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼