What did you do for St. Patrick's Day?

After work made spuds, bacon and cabbage for the flatmates followed by Guinness cake and a few tins, then off to the Irish pub around the corner for a few more pints. Nice day.

went to the parade
saw a load of geekish nerdy types wearing peoples republic of cork t-shirts walking in the parade
watched the roaring 40s playing the Grand Parade food market
went for pints
went for something to eat
went home
went to bed

Up. Healthy breakfast. Light cleaning. Spliff. Lager. Lager. Porter. Porter. Lager. Porter. Lager. Dinner. Whiskey. Played gig. Lager lager whiskey. Coca-cola. Something yellow and strongly alcoholic in "bomb" form with some other sort of drink. Whiskey. Dance dance dance. Vodka. Vodka. More playing. Porter. Pizza. Cops with guns. Negotiation. Home. Spliff. Bed at 6am.

I've a mouth like a mummy's gully and a headache that goes down to my feet. I brought it on myself.

Oh god. The nausea.

I was working because my employer sold my services to a client out foreign.

Then in the evening, they were having some kind of team-building event and invited me along. It was some cooking thing and I got landed with preparing soufflés. I'm proud to say that in my only ever attempt to do them, I made 10 and not a single one collapsed.

I think I might have annoyed the Austrian girl running the show by asking constant questions and by realising that my German didn't run to preparation of soufflés and having a lot of it switched to English for my benefit.

At the end of it all I drank too much wine, but justified it to myself as it was my national holiday. Moderately hung over today.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼