UK Import

I was looking at a car over the last few days. It's on sale in a local dealers in Cork. I've just realised its a UK import(N. Ireland). Should I avoid?

I've heard stories about rust due to the salt used on their roads. Is this true?

Any other reasons to avoid or take a chance?

Thanks.

I was looking at a car over the last few days. It's on sale in a local dealers in Cork. I've just realised its a UK import(N. Ireland). Should I avoid?

I've heard stories about rust due to the salt used on their roads. Is this true?

Any other reasons to avoid or take a chance?

Thanks.
If Northern Ireland Reg and if was registered in N.I pre Brexit you don't have to pay the Import Duties/Customs - you do have to pay the VRT whatever the Revenue decide.

That's the reason for lack of Imports now a days is due to the VRT and Customs since Brexit - no real money saved and not much profit to be made.

The local dealer should have all that sorted before you purchase tho.

As regards salt it's not much difference between here really.

As regards rust just ask can you view it on a lift, hard to hide/cover up rust on subframes etc.

If Northern Ireland Reg and if was registered in N.I pre Brexit you don't have to pay the Import Duties/Customs - you do have to pay the VRT whatever the Revenue decide.

That's the reason for lack of Imports now a days is due to the VRT and Customs since Brexit - no real money saved and not much profit to be made.

The local dealer should have all that sorted before you purchase tho.

As regards salt it's not much difference between here really.

As regards rust just ask can you view it on a lift, hard to hide/cover up rust on subframes etc.

Cheers Fella 👍

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼