Training Run Times

Tell ya what though lads, that is an impressive run by an 80 year old. As a fella who'll be 60 next year I'm well impressed, not to say inspired.
My knee pain is making a bit of a comeback. I'll have to start up the exercises again. Yes, I know I shouldn't have stopped 'em. I'd absolutely love to be still running at 80, jeez.

(Full disclosure: when I was typing that out it first read "...... by an 800 year old." but I thought I'd better correct it for Marky's sake)

Lads, lads, lads!!!! I was on the results page of the 5k race. Forget your UK Election, forget our recognising Palestine.... there's real news breaking here today. The ould fella ran THIRTY seven minutes odd. Not twenty. FFS, Marky.

Now don't get me wrong. It's still fairly impressive when you think about it. But it is 2 mins a km slower than reported. And Marky beat him.

Lads, lads, lads!!!! I was on the results page of the 5k race. Forget your UK Election, forget our recognising Palestine.... there's real news breaking here today. The ould fella ran THIRTY seven minutes odd. Not twenty. FFS, Marky.

Now don't get me wrong. It's still fairly impressive when you think about it. But it is 2 mins a km slower than reported. And Marky beat him.
As another heading into the O60 category this year I also analysed the results.
18 O65 broke 30 minutes for the 5k and 5 of those were female.
First male O65 was 20.18, first female O65 was 23.04
5 O70 broke 30 minutes first was 23.06
5 O75 broke 30 minutes first was 24.30

I'm having second thoughts about this return to running 🧑‍🦽🏃‍♂️
I'd be more than happy to break 30 minutes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Hot Blooded Animals

Coughlan's, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼