Training Run Times

Hows the leg doing JimmY? I got out last night for 8.5km, thats it now I'm back in the game! Happy enough with the run, felt fine throughout and could easily have gone on to 10km but I was out of time. 5.15/km average which isn't the worst starting point I celebrated by buying a pair of these :)

nike-nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next-2-total-orange_20090233_45171477_2048.jpeg

My current running shoes are nearing the end so I'll get a few spins in the new ones just to see how they feel and then I'll go back to the older ones for training until they are fully gone

Hows the leg doing JimmY? I got out last night for 8.5km, thats it now I'm back in the game! Happy enough with the run, felt fine throughout and could easily have gone on to 10km but I was out of time. 5.15/km average which isn't the worst starting point I celebrated by buying a pair of these :)

nike-nike-air-zoom-alphafly-next-2-total-orange_20090233_45171477_2048.jpeg

My current running shoes are nearing the end so I'll get a few spins in the new ones just to see how they feel and then I'll go back to the older ones for training until they are fully gone
Id be like Bambi on ice wearing them, Thigh is improving, plenty of stretching, rolling, Il get out tomorrow night for 5 miles,,

Id be like Bambi on ice wearing them, Thigh is improving, plenty of stretching, rolling, Il get out tomorrow night for 5 miles,,

They are odd, but my current ones are the same. Its like standing on a big lump of foam and you feel like you could roll your ankle any second, but when you start running they are really stable and propel you forward. I've never had carbon plates so lets see. Id say I might buy something else for training if I spot a deal and keep these for racing and the last few training sessions coming into them

Good to hear the thigh is improving, your distances are brilliant even with injury but take it handy until you are right again

I passed a few groups out running last night and for the first time had that urge to join, but I dont think I can get it to work with everything else I have going on at the moment.. I tend to get my runs in between other sports, or during training etc so need to suit myself

They are odd, but my current ones are the same. Its like standing on a big lump of foam and you feel like you could roll your ankle any second, but when you start running they are really stable and propel you forward. I've never had carbon plates so lets see. Id say I might buy something else for training if I spot a deal and keep these for racing and the last few training sessions coming into them

Good to hear the thigh is improving, your distances are brilliant even with injury but take it handy until you are right again

I passed a few groups out running last night and for the first time had that urge to join, but I dont think I can get it to work with everything else I have going on at the moment.. I tend to get my runs in between other sports, or during training etc so need to suit myself
Had a decent week, Monday 4 miles, tues 4 miles, 4.5 last night, I will have the greenway from midleton to mogeely from next week, 6 miles
approx , Will be handy, If i was you id certainly look into joining a club, Makes a big difference,

Impromptu race report of sorts!

My neighbour messaged me last night asking if I’d shoot down to the park for the 5km this morning. I was itching to give the new kicks a spin so said I would. Part 1 of the warm up was running a ladder down the street to a neighbour, jumped on the bike and cycled down the park for part 2.

We joined the gang to start way back as I was too self conscious about the bright orange runners.. I think there’s an expectation with these things! Anyway, the start was the usual scrum which involved running in the mud to get past a good gang of them.. not so orange anymore! The neighbour pulled away initially. I was loving the feel and bounce of the runners, happy out and there he was again at 1.5km. I ran with him for about 500m before you take a hard right and up the hill which brings you round to the start for lap 2.

I had let him behind at this stage and trucked on, setting my sights on a guy I reckoned looked like a decent runner. Lap 2 flew by and had a strong finish.

Checked the watch and realised I forgot to stop the bloody thing so had to wait for the official time to come through, although I knew I was looking at something decent here as the neighbours time was 24.02. The email came through, it turns out I’d run a PB of 23.46. Delighted with that, there was no planning of any sort obviously and I’m really only at the beginning of my training for the year. I suppose that means I have retained more fitness than I thought, although I have a mountain to shift over the next while to get the distance I need in.

10/12km tomorrow at a handy pace. Delighted with the Alphas, they are a lovely shoe on the foot. One issue that’s obvious quickly though is how hard they are to get on.. I’ll be blowing a minute in the tri transitions with these things unless I come up with a knack!

Great stuff cranky and Honky, great to get out, Headed out 7am this morning first two miles around Ballyphehane / greenmount, Headed out south douglas rd, cross douglas rd, onto back douglas rd, hit mile 4 at the end of well rd, very tough climb to the roundabout, turned left and passed silver key, mile 5 just before flower lodge, in Borreenmana rd, turned left up wallaces ave, hit mile 6. passed st finbarrs hospital turned left onto capwell, turned left again and into tramore valley park, 7 done, came back up half moon lane and headed towards turners x tavern,
9 done, Along curragh rd, turned right onto tramore road , 10 done by musgraves gate, calfs were sore now, got to 10.5 and stopped for one minute and then walked for a minute, carried on up connolly rd, up the hill and turned left onto the narrow lane which is on marathon route, 11 done, finished with 11.25, felt good, will add a mile next week

Great stuff cranky and Honky, great to get out, Headed out 7am this morning first two miles around Ballyphehane / greenmount, Headed out south douglas rd, cross douglas rd, onto back douglas rd, hit mile 4 at the end of well rd, very tough climb to the roundabout, turned left and passed silver key, mile 5 just before flower lodge, in Borreenmana rd, turned left up wallaces ave, hit mile 6. passed st finbarrs hospital turned left onto capwell, turned left again and into tramore valley park, 7 done, came back up half moon lane and headed towards turners x tavern,
9 done, Along curragh rd, turned right onto tramore road , 10 done by musgraves gate, calfs were sore now, got to 10.5 and stopped for one minute and then walked for a minute, carried on up connolly rd, up the hill and turned left onto the narrow lane which is on marathon route, 11 done, finished with 11.25, felt good, will add a mile next week
Nice mileage Jimmy, I had 11km myself at 5.07 pace.. what a glorious morning for it :)

Feeling like I’m back at it again now so happy with things, and very happy with the new runners

Cranky, nice work too 👍

Ran 5 miles at the weekend and right foot went fairly dead after about four miles. Ran 4 today and about 35 minutes foot dead again. So it looks like any longer distances are out.

I can still run on it, sort of, but it’s a bit risky as I could misstep and faceplant badly or, as I did previously, run through it and have a mangled foot for a week afterwards.

I was aiming to see if I could hit 10k, which I will this weekend, so I’ll see how that goes. Dose all the same.

Ran 5 miles at the weekend and right foot went fairly dead after about four miles. Ran 4 today and about 35 minutes foot dead again. So it looks like any longer distances are out.

I can still run on it, sort of, but it’s a bit risky as I could misstep and faceplant badly or, as I did previously, run through it and have a mangled foot for a week afterwards.

I was aiming to see if I could hit 10k, which I will this weekend, so I’ll see how that goes. Dose all the same.
Could it be a footwear issue?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Villagers
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place

3rd Dec 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Darragh O Rourke

Seventy Seven, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼