Tidal pool in Cork

was down there on sat kayaking, great spot

had a quick swim afterwards, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... but refreshing

Yeah, I do the occasional bit of sea "swimming" and went into Lough Hyne about this time last year. Pretty cold alright.

Always feel great afterwards though. Something very invigourating about it all.

Yeah, I do the occasional bit of sea "swimming" and went into Lough Hyne about this time last year. Pretty cold alright.

Always feel great afterwards though. Something very invigourating about it all.
My new years resolution this year was to swim in the sea at least once a month for the year. Going well so far!

Was swimming twice in Tracht beach in Kinvara at the weekend. Very cold, but glorious.

That's what I was thinking of! Thanks a million.
Be wide of the locals, that was a bit of hidden gem till he got splashed (love it) all over social media and there was a bit of furore from residents complaining about parking and others complaining that the access was through private property.

Do any of ye know of a tidal pool in Cork. I thought there was one somewhere around Nohoval or Rocky bay, but I can't remember where it is.

There is always the possibility that I dreamed this!
Went fishing for the first time in Nohoval in 1983, when in reality, I was far too young to be climbing down and up those cliffs. A friend of my uncle was a breadman delivering in the area and he discovered it was a fishing hotspot, and passed it onto us. Back in the 80s, hardly anyone knew about it and most fishing days, we had the place to ourselves. Now and again, we would see the same limited and commited! number of fishermen (as opposed to pissheads) doing the rounds. Sad to see what it became in later years.

My new years resolution this year was to swim in the sea at least once a month for the year. Going well so far!

Was swimming twice in Tracht beach in Kinvara at the weekend. Very cold, but glorious.
I now have an image of yourself and soundman skinny dipping in the moonlight,

Was out every couple of weeks so far. We were thinking of trying every beach in Cork but I've told the missus that'd be way too many. If not in the sea (I think Paddy's weekend was the coldest in a while) then it's walking some hills or mountain. 60 is the new 40 :ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

8th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼