This Eddie Sheeran gig...

You could tell from the dawn til dusk blanket coverage on Red FM all week that they were putting a collosal push on tickets. They renamed the station Ed FM and every second track was his. They must have got some serious advertising coin in return for it.
They didn't do a great job, there were still thousands of tickets available for tonight's concert at 5pm.
Poor indictment for Sheeran that he couldn't sell out a relatively small stadium in a city that hadn't hosted a concert of any description in 3 years, and it was on the Friday of a bank holiday in perfect weather conditions.
Will think twice about his future concerts in Ireland I'd say. Maybe 3 in Dublin and add the other dates to elsewhere in Europe.

They didn't do a great job, there were still thousands of tickets available for tonight's concert at 5pm.
Poor indictment for Sheeran that he couldn't sell out a relatively small stadium in a city that hadn't hosted a concert of any description in 3 years, and it was on the Friday of a bank holiday in perfect weather conditions.
Will think twice about his future concerts in Ireland I'd say. Maybe 3 in Dublin and add the other dates to elsewhere in Europe.
Another moaning Minnie! He still sold more tickets than views on your whinny post. I saw grandads and grandchildren alike singing and creating life long memories, not deterred by a venue not being full to the rafters!!

They get in the acts that people have shown they're interested in buying tickets for in sufficient numbers.

OK music snobs might sneer at the quality of the performers and/or their songs but concert promotors don't necessarily go for what they and certainly what you might think might be a great gig.

You might prefer Boney M ;) for instance, but unless there's deemed to be a likely audience from the demograph that actually attend concerts you shouldn't be surprised if they don't get to do a gig in Cork.

I find a few of ES's songs aren't bad - couldn't name one off the top of my head but I know I've hummed along to a few. They're songs FFS, they're not mission statements about how we can actually solve world hunger or stop the war in Ukraine.

Screenshot_20220430-072715_Facebook.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stiff Little Fingers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Aug 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼