The SPORTS Documentary Thread

Watch the Nike doc again about Salazar, despite the fact I still can't grasp why he got banned, how did Nike get away with the running shoes in the 2016 Olympic marathon.

Watch the Nike doc again about Salazar, despite the fact I still can't grasp why he got banned, how did Nike get away with the running shoes in the 2016 Olympic marathon.
He sexually assulted Kara Gaucher.

He digitally penetrated her while giving her a massage. He had previously been witnessed trying to kiss her while drunk on a flight.

As an aside to this, he experimented on what levels of testo gel could be administered without triggering a positive test by applying it to his son.

He had a habit of dismissing the Physical trainer and giving his own athletes massages on the evof races. he almost certainly juiced up at least Galen Rupp with testosterone during one of these sessions.

He sexually assulted Kara Gaucher.

He digitally penetrated her while giving her a massage. He had previously been witnessed trying to kiss her while drunk on a flight.

As an aside to this, he experimented on what levels of testo gel could be administered without triggering a positive test by applying it to his son.

He had a habit of dismissing the Physical trainer and giving his own athletes massages on the evof races. he almost certainly juiced up at least Galen Rupp with testosterone during one of these sessions.
Now I'm not making light of what happened with Gaucher but none of his athletes ever tested positive. I get he pushed performance boundaries, weight, water intake etc.
What about the shoes?

There were two bans:
- A four year WADA/CAS ban for tampering with doping controls, traffickiing in banned substances, administering a banned testing program (that's where he tested the testosterone on his own son)
- A subsequent lifetime ban for the sexual and emotional abuse - that one was handed out by the US Centre for SafeSport

Last edited:
There were two bans:
- A four year WADA/CAS ban for tampering with doping controls, traffickiing in banned substances, administering a banned testing program (that's where he tested the testosterone on his own son)
- A subsequent lifetime ban for the sexual and emotional abuse - that one was handed out by the US Centre for SafeSport
his 4 year ban finished last month, i wonder how long it'll be before he is technical director for one of the gulf states.

Safesport ban is US only

Now I'm not making light of what happened with Gaucher but none of his athletes ever tested positive. I get he pushed performance boundaries, weight, water intake etc.
What about the shoes?
USADA had testimony from at least Danny Mackey, Steve Magness, Kara Goucher and Adam Goucher. I think there was a few more unnamed athletes too and they had Dr. Jeff Brown the Endocrinologist who wrote all the scripts for Salazar and also got a 4 year ban.

Magness testified about dropping vials to Galan Rupp which were hidden in a hollowed out a paperback

Kara Goucher's testimony about use of IV and Thyroid meds seems to be the most concrete.

WRT the shoes, WA chickened out from banning them. if it was some startup company and not Nike with the patents they would have been banned overnight.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼