The Science thread.

Become_a_Sponsor.png

1379608_10151921279965155_454629503_n.jpg

Researchers at IGS, the genomic and structural information laboratory (CNRS/Aix-Marseille University), working in association with the large-scale biology laboratory (CEA/Inserm/Grenoble Alpes University) have just discovered two giant viruses which, in terms of number of genes, are comparable to certain eukaryotes, microorganisms with nucleated cells. The two viruses – called 'Pandoravirus' to reflect their amphora shape and mysterious genetic content – are unlike any virus discovered before. Read more: http://ow.ly/pOv1r

Fascinating research, the fact that these viruses have less than a 10% relationship with any genes in known databases suggests that they had a totally different evolutionary history than bacteria, archaea, and eukarya.

Fascinating research, the fact that these viruses have less than a 10% relationship with any genes in known databases suggests that they had a totally different evolutionary history than bacteria, archaea, and eukarya.

They look like they'd be nice on a pizza.

When you think about it DOB the whole universe is one big pizza really with the anti matter as the base, space as the cheese and tomato and the stars and planets as the toppings.
My work here is done.

:lol!: You will be getting the nobel prize for physics for that insight.

Edit: You may want to re-think your antimatter theory though. As far as I know, there is no significant amount of it in our galaxy.

Last edited:
:lol!: You will be getting the nobel prize for physics for that insight.

Edit: You may want to re-think your antimatter theory though. As far as I know, there is no significant amount of it in our galaxy.

Thanks for embarrassing me in front of the lads with my terrible knowledge of the universe and pizzas.
Your parents have raised an animal, I bid you farewell sir.

Edit : I meant dark energy, it's the energy black people produce when dancing to tribal drums.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

29th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼