The Pavilion Goes Bang! :(

Yeah that room upstairs seems to keep them going. It was a favorite of mine when I turned 18 as they had a lovely pint of Beamish, great trad, and it was always full of hot international students. They used bring out baskets of cocktail sausages too which was a godsend for broke students like me.

Do you remember that man Christor who was always there? Passed away during Covid RIP 🙏

What were you reading when you student EnnisY?

The book of how to watch Countdown all day m8?

The Beamish was savage there before the Brewery closed. Not sure what it's like these days. Had so many great night's there upstairs at gigs. It was easy to organise your own night there with no interference.

Had one of my 0 birthday parties upstairs there. Great night - what I can remember of it ;)

Had a UCC student society halloween party up there. Other places when we tried to book similar events were giving us a grilling, "How many will there be, how much will ye spend, what's stopping everyone downing a naggin beforehand, we're putting on seven of our shitty security guards for a bunch of a college nerds, how are ye going to pay for that?" While the Spailpin were just, "How many of ye will there be? We need to get our sausage, wedges and chicken nugget count right. Ah sure, it won't go to waste!" Then we filled the place out with mild mannered eejits in costumes and they had to bring extra staff upstairs from downstairs.

Had a UCC student society halloween party up there. Other places when we tried to book similar events were giving us a grilling, "How many will there be, how much will ye spend, what's stopping everyone downing a naggin beforehand, we're putting on seven of our shitty security guards for a bunch of a college nerds, how are ye going to pay for that?" While the Spailpin were just, "How many of ye will there be? We need to get our sausage, wedges and chicken nugget count right. Ah sure, it won't go to waste!" Then we filled the place out with mild mannered eejits in costumes and they had to bring extra staff upstairs from downstairs.

Cool story but then what happened?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼