The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

Jesus, sometimes i forget but an article on John Hodnett's injury and possible unavailability this weekend reminded me just how strong Munster are from 4-8 in the scrum with everyone available.

You've got:
Snyman
Kleyn
Beirne
Ahern
Jenkins
Wycherley
O'Donoghue
Coombes
Hodnett
O'Mahony
Cloete
O'Sullivan
Kendellen

If you were to pick from that list, it'd be really hard to separate reputation from current form. Think I'd go:

Snyman
Beirne
O'Mahony
Hodnett
Coombes

But that leaves out a lot of players who are absolutely flying right now. And from the looks of it, only POM is probably going to be playing this weekend.

And yet, even the second choice 4-8 is pretty damned good, maybe:
Kleyn
Ahern
Kendellen
Cloete
O'Donoghue

Think casey still needs to add some control and improve his decision making to his game if he wants to be a regular starter.

Id start him now for the rest of the season but cant see VG benching Murray
Dupont ran the show for Toulouse v La Rochelle last Saturday night and he is almost impossible to tackle.

La Rochelle only got into their 22 once and their half only 2 or 3 times during the entire 2nd half.

Think casey still needs to add some control and improve his decision making to his game if he wants to be a regular starter.

Id start him now for the rest of the season but cant see VG benching Murray
It’s a catch 22, needs game time for experience, can’t get experience without the game time!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bird On The Wire - The Songs Of Leonard Cohen
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Now You See It

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼