The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

Another bed blocker gone, good news.....
I have no idea what a bed blocker is but it’s far from good news he’s leaving.
He’s a level above the likes of JOS and Kendellen. Big season for JOS, he’s behind almost all other back rowers at this stage. Kendellen is finding his feet still. I think they’re due a signing there.

I think we have enough backrow tbh. We badly need to sign a big hairy raw-meat eating front row player to at least try put some fear into opponents.
Time was nobody messed with Munster, especially on our home patch. Now we're seen as a bit of a soft touch.

I'm happy Van Gran is going and if Cloete goes too so be it. Good at snaffling the ball but conceded a huge amount of penalties. Time for home grown youngsters to step up fully. I'm hopeful for Kendellen but still may be a bit early.

And with our head coach leaving it's not a huge surprise some of the first team squad aren't renewing. But without announcing our new head coach/whatever it's going to be more and more difficult to attract top quality players in.

Great time for Rowntree and he's done a good job on improving the pack imho. But I don't think he's head coach material.

I have no idea what a bed blocker is but it’s far from good news he’s leaving.
He’s a level above the likes of JOS and Kendellen. Big season for JOS, he’s behind almost all other back rowers at this stage. Kendellen is finding his feet still. I think they’re due a signing there.
I don't see Kloete as a big loss, to be honest. We've never struggled for back rows and I don't see us starting now. What kills me is de Allende. Had a few injuries, but when he was fit, he was still playing in JVG 's system. He'd have made the love child of Shane Williams and Jonah Lomu look like Bernard Jackman.

Munster side for Leinster game tomorrow

not sure if Haley and conway were available. I think zebo is out after the heavy knock last week

plenty youth on the bench in the forwards

Munster: Matt Gallagher; Calvin Nash, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jason Jenkins, Fineen Wycherley; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, John Ryan, Thomas Ahern, Alex Kendellen, Craig Casey, Ben Healy, Keith Earls.

Leinster side

Irish Front row from scotand game on the bench for Leinster:)

15. Hugo Keenan (38)
14. Jimmy O’Brien (45)
13. Garry Ringrose CAPTAIN (94)
12. Robbie Henshaw (60)
11. James Lowe (59)
10. Ross Byrne (120)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (108)

1. Ed Byrne (80)
2. James Tracy (139)
3. Michael Ala’alatoa (16)
4. Devin Toner (276)
5. Jack Dunne (17)
6. Caelan Doris (47)
7. Josh van der Flier (106)
8. Jack Conan (109)

Replacements:

16. Dan Sheehan (21)
17. Cian Healy (241)
18. Tadhg Furlong (119)
19. Ross Molony (131)
20. Josh Murphy (55)
21. Luke McGrath (167)
22. Ciarán Frawley (47)
23. Max Deegan (80)

I think Joey can consider himself lucky to get the nod ahead of Healy. Big game for Coombes with Conan and Doris oppposite him. He’s in better form and I hope he continues to show it. Being able to spring sheeehan and furlong from the bench is just ridiculous!

Getting absolutley nothing off this ref so far. Coombes limping after Toner cleared him out from a side entry. Bollocks. He’ll do well to make it to half time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼