The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

From what I've seen of Hannibal he hasn't done anything extraordinary in the first team yet. But he's done okay.

Ya. His energy and willingness to get stuck in mean the fans will want the best for him. But nothing yet to suggest he could tie down a first team spot at all - not to mind for a decade.

As for Mainoo, the reports from the summer pre season games before he got injured were that he was United's best player. Had some 115 million pound nobody in his pocket in one game. Can't remember the fella's name to be honest.

Looks very nippy & tidy in the little bits I've seen of him - but United are well familiar with pre-season Pirlos.

If either Mainoo or Hannibal go on to make even 100 appearances for utd it’d be quite the achievement.

Highly unlikely in this day and age to bring through 2 mainstays for a decade.

Unless they’re absolute prodigies of course.

Where’s Hank ffs? He was back for 5 minutes (and) then gone again. 😞

If either Mainoo or Hannibal go on to make even 100 appearances for utd it’d be quite the achievement.

I don't think he's got the minerals for the cut and thrust of the local talk page scene.

He'd be much better off finding a Fanny's Forum. That'd be more his level.

I don't think he's got the minerals for the cut and thrust of the local talk page scene.

He'd be much better off finding a Fanny's Forum. That'd be more his level.

:lol!:

giphy.gif

Neither would have to be mainstays to rack up 100 appearances for the club. It certainly wouldnt be unusual for Utd to have a couple of players come through in the same season who inevitably go on to hit at least that number.

Havent seen enough of Mainoo yet but ive always liked the chances of Mejbri to be a regular in first team squads. Whether or not he becomes a regular starter remains to be seen.

Neither would have to be mainstays to rack up 100 appearances for the club. It certainly wouldnt be unusual for Utd to have a couple of players come through in the same season who inevitably go on to hit at least that number.

It certainly would be very unusual. For most clubs, Man Utd included.

Since the class of '92 only 8 guys in ~30 years have come through the youth system and racked up 100+ PL appearances for the club.

1695740584955.png

From what I've seen of Hannibal he hasn't done anything extraordinary in the first team yet. But he's done okay.

As for Mainoo, the reports from the summer pre season games before he got injured were that he was United's best player. Had some 115 million pound nobody in his pocket in one game. Can't remember the fella's name to be honest.
Hannibal has been top class, his work off the ball allowed Bruno to attack without leaving holes behind him. The team moved back and forward as a unit against Burnley and the pass with the outside of his boot to send Rashford on a run was sublime. This kid is good, very good.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Danny O Leary

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼