The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Would be great if Rangers also make it there. The fun and frolics between Rangers supporters and the Dubs would be a joy to behold.
If GAA leave that crowd into Croke Park it will be an utter disgrace. The founding fathers did not gather in Hayes Hotel all those years ago to begin a gaelic organisation which allows that kind of shower into our hallowed Turf. 🤬🤬

If GAA leave that crowd into Croke Park it will be an utter disgrace. The founding fathers did not gather in Hayes Hotel all those years ago to begin a gaelic organisation which allows that kind of shower into our hallowed Turf. 🤬🤬
You are only about seventeen years after GSTQ in Croker, you pollock!

James Pearce in d'athletic

Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool’s future is in safe hands following the appointment of Michael Edwards as Fenway Sports Group’s CEO of football.

The Anfield boss revealed that Edwards, who was the club’s sporting director between 2016 and 2022, has already called him to ask his opinion on certain players and changes that need to be made this summer.

“We had that conversation,” said Klopp. “We always had a really good relationship — very good on a professional basis.

“A lot of good things happened in the time we were here together. Michael decided to go something else. Now he’s back I’m really happy.

“I want to see the club in the best possible place after I leave. I think it’s a top solution. Our conversation was great. We spoke about a lot of things.

“What I think about players, stuff like this, the situation in the club because I was in when he wasn’t in, what did change, what might have to change. A really good talk.”

Asked if Edwards had tried to persuade him to reverse his decision to leave at the end of the season, Klopp added: “No, because he’s not dumb.

Liverpool go into Thursday’s Europa League last 16 second leg against Sparta Prague at Anfield with a 5-1 lead.

Mohamed Salah is in contention to make his first start for the club since New Year’s Day following two recent outings off the bench after recovering from a hamstring injury.

“I’m not sure we should do 90 minutes but he’s ready to start,” Klopp said.

“It’s super important we build up Mo. We have 10 more Premier League games and hopefully a lot more cup and European games. He was out for a surprisingly long time. Now he’s back we need to make sure we can count on him consistently.”

James Pearce in d'athletic

Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool’s future is in safe hands following the appointment of Michael Edwards as Fenway Sports Group’s CEO of football.

The Anfield boss revealed that Edwards, who was the club’s sporting director between 2016 and 2022, has already called him to ask his opinion on certain players and changes that need to be made this summer.

“We had that conversation,” said Klopp. “We always had a really good relationship — very good on a professional basis.

“A lot of good things happened in the time we were here together. Michael decided to go something else. Now he’s back I’m really happy.

“I want to see the club in the best possible place after I leave. I think it’s a top solution. Our conversation was great. We spoke about a lot of things.

“What I think about players, stuff like this, the situation in the club because I was in when he wasn’t in, what did change, what might have to change. A really good talk.”

Asked if Edwards had tried to persuade him to reverse his decision to leave at the end of the season, Klopp added: “No, because he’s not dumb.

Liverpool go into Thursday’s Europa League last 16 second leg against Sparta Prague at Anfield with a 5-1 lead.

Mohamed Salah is in contention to make his first start for the club since New Year’s Day following two recent outings off the bench after recovering from a hamstring injury.

“I’m not sure we should do 90 minutes but he’s ready to start,” Klopp said.

“It’s super important we build up Mo. We have 10 more Premier League games and hopefully a lot more cup and European games. He was out for a surprisingly long time. Now he’s back we need to make sure we can count on him consistently.”

Edwards homecoming

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼