The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

I should have wrote happy instead of accepting.

I get why Pool fans will take the draw, the starting line up had me thinking it was a formality but I was really impressed with Liverpool, especially in the 2nd half.
You mentioned Doku hitting the post but didn’t Liverpool do that twice?

And I would agree, it won’t affect momentum but I do feel it was an opportunity missed, ye kept Haaland extremely quiet.
I don’t recall Liverpool hitting the post? I remember a few missed chances by Diaz(3), Szobo heading wide when it was easier to score and other half chances with extended pressure but Doku probably the closest to getting the winner.

I wouldn’t be overly happy with a draw but I was thrilled with the performance of the team on the day and I can accept a draw but doesn’t mean I’d be thrilled with it. Very rarely would I be happy to see Liverpool draw at Anfield if I’m honest. It probably will come back to be a missed opportunity.

The dream of a title for Klopp before he leaves, lives on for another week at least. The guy is a genius, getting a tune out of everyone who puts on the shirt, similar to Fergie at United when getting wins with John O’Shea, Phil Neville and Quentin Fortune in midfield.

Van Dijk pocketed Haaland today, all while babysitting Bradley, Quansah and a right footed centre back playing left back in Gomez!

I was away this morning at my son’s match and I just got to watch the game. It could have went either way and both teams are filled with talent but VVD is a step above the rest. He truly is sublime and we won’t see many of his standard again.

Unlikely, we don’t get United at Anfield until next season. With their PL position, they’d have to come out and play now unlike in December with their eleven fannies behind the ball effort.
Substantially improving your goal difference at Old Trafford isn't a complete impossibility.
Man City won the league in 11/12 on GD from Man Utd thanks in large part to the goal difference accrued from a 6-1 win at OT.

Attachments

• 000_9QC6C4.jpg
    000_9QC6C4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
Here now could you imagine if ye had an injury or two?

Saliba missed a few matches last year and ye might as well have collectively drank the entire fucking ganges river such was the extent of the bowel voiding.
march-11-2024-daily-discussion-transfers-thread-v0-sxpbsy9h6onc1.jpeg

Arsenal certainly the big winners from the weekend. Hope they do the business and take some points of City at month-end.

Proud of the way Liverpool took the game to City and really knocked them out of their stride in the second half. Even without the late penalty shout Liverpool created enough to get the win, but sometimes the ball falls your way and other times it doesn't.

The late penalty shout really highlights the core limitation, by design, of VAR. Oliver's view was partly obscured by MacAllister, so probably felt unsure about giving a pen - and wasn't willing/able to give any visual sign that he's seen it and felt it wasn't a pen. He just did nothing & hoped VAR would bail him out. Meanwhile VAR see that he hasn't given it, but are left second-guessing on why he hasn't given it...so they scramble for a reason not to give it, ending up with the bizarre explanation that Doku's foot was in a 'reasonable position'. He was off the ground, with his foot chest high. It's madness that they didn't ask the ref to at least look at a replay. Decisions like that just deepen VAR's already massive credibility problem.

Another solid performance from Caoimhin and another big chance saved. I haven't seen it said elsewhere but the more he add to his impressive set of performance the more Liverpool need to come up with a way to ensure he doesn't end up leaving the club anytime soon.

VVD was majestic. A real driving force behind a strong team performance.

The short ass midfield of Elliott / Endo / MacAllister were dominant as a group & each excellent individually.

Diaz will know that he had enough chances to score at least one. It's a shame because other than that he was outstanding. Run himself into the ground and put in a masterclass of dribbling. That sequence where he made absolute mugs of Walker & Rodri was epic.

premier-league-title-race-predictions-md28.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼