The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

I don’t recall Liverpool hitting the post? I remember a few missed chances by Diaz(3), Szobo heading wide when it was easier to score and other half chances with extended pressure but Doku probably the closest to getting the winner.

I wouldn’t be overly happy with a draw but I was thrilled with the performance of the team on the day and I can accept a draw but doesn’t mean I’d be thrilled with it. Very rarely would I be happy to see Liverpool draw at Anfield if I’m honest. It probably will come back to be a missed opportunity.

The dream of a title for Klopp before he leaves, lives on for another week at least. The guy is a genius, getting a tune out of everyone who puts on the shirt, similar to Fergie at United when getting wins with John O’Shea, Phil Neville and Quentin Fortune in midfield.

Van Dijk pocketed Haaland today, all while babysitting Bradley, Quansah and a right footed centre back playing left back in Gomez!
Klopp the flop being compared to Alex Ferguson after dropping 2 home points in race for the league. The mind boggles..

I never said Van Dijk wasn't a great defender, he is. But it's you lot who have decided to elevate him to different levels. A few years ago, your fellow SSB decided he was on a different level to Vidic. There's bias, and then there's just plain ridiculous. He isn't. He's a great defender, one of the best to play in the top level of English football, probably, but no way is he on a different level to Rio, Vidic, Stam, Adams, Terry, Campbell, Hansen, McGrath, Carvalho et al.

And tbh m8, now that Roundy has put his curse on him, he might be about to slide down to previously unplumbed depths. Don't blame me.
A lot of pundits who have played the game at the highest level would deem him to be among the greatest to play in the league. There’s bias everywhere, even among pundits but he’s definitely in the conversation. The rest is just subjective.

His performances lately while missing so many and nurturing young players around him in big game have been outstanding. Captaincy has got him back to his best. His league cup final performance was another level.

One thing I would say about a few modern defenders compared to some of the defenders back in the day is that it’s far more man-to-man stuff now and playing really high lines. There wasn’t half as much of that in the past and any time Vidic got turned on the halfway line he was taking an early bath!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

18th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Perfect Days (Pg)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼