The Official Irish Rugby Thread

there will be some interesting selections this weekend

would be harsh on kelleher to get benched at leinster...will the likes of sexton, henshaw and kearney walk back into their starting spots

munster have a few calls to make in the backline especially at 9

Few weeks after the world cup shambles and Thornley building up the hype for next six nations and ultimately France 2023 on the back of some pro14 matches;

"These are early days in Irish rugby’s redemption story, and Murray’s turnover penalty was only a small cameo in the greater scheme of things, but maybe it also typified promising signs that the healing process has begun.
One of the more encouraging aspects of Ireland’s World Cup campaign was that whatever about their mental state or their accuracy in execution, physically they looked in good nick. They really did. Whether carrying a heavy load in Japan, such as Murray or the indefatigable CJ Stander, or frustrated with their lack of game time, ie Andrew Conway and Rhys Ruddock, plenty of those on the Japanese expedition as well as those overlooked will feel they have something to prove and should be in the condition to do so
."

Does he get paid by the IRFU to spin this stuff!!

What garbage? They looked fit😂.Not to play rugby tho.

Thornley is some gowl.
Sitting there with his budán for them looking fit, they were on their knees after 30 mins vs the Japanese.

They're clearly on some new S&C programme, Ruddock and Stander look leaner than ever and Botha at Munster is similar but to highlight that when its hard clearly no net effect is straw clutching at its finest.

I agree with Coogee too, very interesting to see what van Graan does at 9. Might just bite the bullet with Murray knowing Alby is away in a few weeks.

Thornley is some gowl.
Sitting there with his budán for them looking fit, they were on their knees after 30 mins vs the Japanese.

They're clearly on some new S&C programme, Ruddock and Stander look leaner than ever and Botha at Munster is similar but to highlight that when its hard clearly no net effect is straw clutching at its finest.

I agree with Coogee too, very interesting to see what van Graan does at 9. Might just bite the bullet with Murray knowing Alby is away in a few weeks.

Ireland were useless in the humidity and were shell-shocked by the Japanese line speed.

Alby should start as he is the form player as well as marking Murray's card to improve. Things have changed when you are worrying about JJ's fitness for Saturday. Killer will be a loss but Munster should be good enough anyway.

Gerry Thornley is also in the I.R.F.U. comfort blanket bubble and has to have some distance from the squad to apply some critical analysis.

Thornley is some gowl.

had several friends at the Japan game, one said by the time the game ended it was actually a bit chilly and he wore a jacket leaving the stadium. the humidity was just an excuse from the media fanboys

Ireland were useless in the humidity and were shell-shocked by the Japanese line speed.

Alby should start as he is the form player as well as marking Murray's card to improve. Things have changed when you are worrying about JJ's fitness for Saturday. Killer will be a loss but Munster should be good enough anyway.

Gerry Thornley is also in the I.R.F.U. comfort blanket bubble and has to have some distance from the squad to apply some critical analysis.

with regard to JJ, I think it might be the case he's looked most comfortable with Larkham's new style. TB hasn't been bad with ball in hand either.
I still think Scannell as an extra boot is hugely important to that backline.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼