The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Farrell came out yesterday and said the 10s in waiting need to “push Sexton”.
Which must have been the lightbulb moment Jack Carty needed as to finding a reason why he’s got the weekend off.

some joke of a team but no surprise really

happy enough with front row but cant understand healy on the bench and would think more exposure for o toole instead of Bealham at tighthead would be better

crazy that Baird isn't in the 23

POM on the bench over Coombes is the worst selection in years..just mind boggling!!

Gibson Park at 9..sweet jesus!!..

Sexton at 10..i hope he just gets injured again and puts us all out of our misery..

backline is pretty uninspiring..dont see why we need to see mroe of Aki..we know what he does..lowe haunted to be getting another chance..conway screwed out of more caps under Schmidt but isnt in that same form anymore..

Crazy not to have Balacoune starting and even throwing Zebo in at Full Back..we need a back up to Keenan

Murray and Earls on the bench..why like!!..what do we learn form them coming on for 10-15 mins

Still think we will be too strong for Japan but it will be the forwards that win it for us but it will be ugly

POM on the bench too don’t forget. His legs are gone, he’ll be slower coming on fresh with 20 minutes left than lads that have been out there all day.
No 8 cover on the bench, you’d think Coombes would be ideal for that spot. But what do I know?

ROG hits the nail on the head: https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40737516.html

The only part I'd argue (and I'd imagine ROG would too privately) is that Sexton shouldn't be anywhere near 100 caps in the first place.

Again, I'll probably inadvertently catch myself shouting for Japan at the weekend.

Good article but I hate the creep of certain phrases into rugby in recent years

"nothing speaks louder than W’s when you are feeling a small bit of pressure."

Wins! it's easier to say than doube-u and it even fills your column out more :)

Next he'll be talking about "the paddock" :-(

Apart from Sexton injury you make a lot of sense Coogee

ah look i wouldnt wish injury on anyone but it seems to be the only way for Sexton to move aside. I was venting when I posted last night:wink:

We'll be playing Scotland and South Africa in less than 2 years in Paris with either a 38 year old sexton who at that stage will be 4-5 years past his best or else we'll have the likes of Carberry/H Byrne/Carty/Crowley playing with no experience

Why not just bench sexton for this season and let the new guys learn from him..something tells me he is a cranky old prick though and if he isn't starting he'd be a bit toxic to have around

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

8th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

DJ Big Daddy Can

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼