The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Leinster side for stormers game

Hard to see them getting a result at home to the best south african side with such an inexperienced squad

5 players with less than 5 appearences starting for them!!

Anyone who makes excuses for Irish international players being tired or playing too much rugby needs to think again

15. Max O’Reilly (8)
14. Adam Byrne (64)
13. Jamie Osborne (17)
12. Rory O’Loughlin (95)
11. Rob Russell (3)
10. Ciarán Frawley (51)
9. Cormac Foley (3)

1. Ed Byrne (83)
2. John McKee (1)
3. Thomas Clarkson (16)
4. Brian Deeny (1)
5. Josh Murphy (59)
6. Alex Soroka (3)
7. Scott Penny (39)
8. Rhys Ruddock (205) CAPTAIN

Replacements:

16. Lee Barron (1)
17. Michael Milne (16)
18. Vakh Abdaladze (16)
19. Jack Dunne (19)
20. Seán O’Brien (2)
21. Nick McCarthy (46)
22. Harry Byrne (33)
23. Martin Moloney (6)
Dunno who half those players are. It's some learning experience for them but more likely just a thrashing.

I'd imagine the South African teams are pretty pissed off at the lack of respect

Lol, the Stormers couldn't even get a bonus point against Leinster 3rds/4ths at home, despite having a man advantage for quarter the match. And Leinster came away with a losing bonus point.

It was a seriously ballsy move sending such incredibly inexperienced players to South Africa bjt have to say, it has paid off.

Leinster side for tomorrow

basically an irish side bar Moloney & O brien and O brien will get caps soon enough id say

Is Ryan Baird injured?

15. Hugo Keenan; 14. Jimmy O’Brien; 13. Garry Ringrose, 12. Robbie Henshaw, 11. James Lowe; 10. Johnny Sexton CAPTAIN, 9. Jamison Gibson-Park; 1. Andrew Porter, 2. Rónan Kelleher, 3. Tadhg Furlong; 4. Ross Molony, 5. James Ryan; 6. Caelan Doris, 7. Josh van der Flier , 8. Jack Conan

Replacements: 16. Dan Sheehan. 17. Cian Healy, 18. Michael Ala’alatoa, 19. Joe McCarthy. 20. Rhys Ruddock, 21. Luke McGrath, 22. Ross Byrne, 23. Ciarán Frawley (52)

He’s returning from injury, as was Kelleher, must not have been ready.
I’ve never been a huge fan of Maloney, bang average player but benefits from the “rising tide raises all boats” mantra.

The Arnold brothers will need to mind themselves, lucky to get away with the hit on Zebo last week unpunished.

I'd be surprised if Leinster don't win, and I reckon it could be a fairly handy score too.

Leinster have properly rested first team, with a hard game last week to get them back into it. That's basically a full strength Leinster side too, missing Larmour and, er, that's pretty much it.

Toulouse looked tired. I really think there's a few players, especially in the forwards, that are either in need of a rest or cardio conditioning. Possibly both. The epic match against Munster last weekend won't have helped much. Nor will yet another return journey to Ireland.

Whenever Munster kept the ball and shifted it around, Toulouse looked vulnerable. That's basically Leinster's standard game plan.

I'm going for a 10 point win by Leinster, Both speed/fitness and home advantage will be too much

I'd be surprised if Leinster don't win, and I reckon it could be a fairly handy score too.

Leinster have properly rested first team, with a hard game last week to get them back into it. That's basically a full strength Leinster side too, missing Larmour and, er, that's pretty much it.

Toulouse looked tired. I really think there's a few players, especially in the forwards, that are either in need of a rest or cardio conditioning. Possibly both. The epic match against Munster last weekend won't have helped much. Nor will yet another return journey to Ireland.

Whenever Munster kept the ball and shifted it around, Toulouse looked vulnerable. That's basically Leinster's standard game plan.

I'm going for a 10 point win by Leinster, Both speed/fitness and home advantage will be too much
Hard to look past them for a win alright, Toulouse will know they got away with one last week, if they give away 20 turnovers this weekend they’ll have no chance at all. Pressure is off them somewhat though so there’s a bit of danger there none the less.
Conan needs a big game here, he looked slow as shit last week in Leicester.

Ben Kayser is hopefully on comms, he was just pitch side for BT, will bring some bit of balance.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Prophet Song: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼