The Official Irish Rugby Thread 19/20.

Meridian

another good win for Ireland

result was never in doubt really even though argies left a certain13 points behind them in he first half

pack were class again although not as dominant as last week especially in the first 50mins before argies gave up

Carberry got Man of the match but for me Porter, Kelliher, Furlong, Beirne and Doris were more deserving

Murray was poor early on then came more into he game but still overall didnt look comforrtable with the new style of play.There was a noticeable pick up in tempo when Casey came on and he proved he can handle things at this level. Its time for Murray to be cut loose

Carberry played the last 30 mins at full back at looked comfortable there but not sure Harry Byrne is ready for the 10 shirt yet. He needs a good run of games at 10 for leinster

Still not sure if Farrell knows his first choice centres..it has to be henshaw and either aki or ringrose for me. Will be a tough call

Great impact off the bench from Sheehan and Baird. The likes of O Toole and Timoney did well too

All in all a very positive autumn series..some change in style from this time 12 months ago
Murray gifted The Argies that try, did his typical box kick and 4 passes later they had a try.

Time for him to be cut loose alright.
I would not even want him as a starter with Munster anymore

Hank Scorpio

Starting Murray and POM was just more ultra Conservative selection from Farrell. Pointless and does nothing for the teams development. We can celebrate beating a tired all blacks side in 2021 when we exit in the quarters in 2023 and theyre playing in a semi/final.

jeepers

Starting Murray and POM was just more ultra Conservative selection from Farrell. Pointless and does nothing for the teams development. We can celebrate beating a tired all blacks side in 2021 when we exit in the quarters in 2023 and theyre playing in a semi/final.
In fairness to POM, I thought he did nothing wrong. He's not a player for the world cup, unless as a back up.

I hate to say it about Murray, who has an attitude I love, but he's not the man for the job. It's grand giving Casey 20 minutes here or there, but if he's a likey starter in a couple of years, and he is, he should have started yesterday's game.

You'd be ok with Murray starting if that was his last chance saloon and they used it against him to go in the direction of Casey and Doak and to a lesser extent Blade. Some players seem to be cast side unceremoniously and then others seem like they'd have to be wheeled off the pitch to get rid of them. Murray's predecessors in both Stringer and TOL were dropped sharpish.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Macy Gray
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Jun 2022 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Menagerie: Animals By Artists

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

View more events ▼