The official Cork court report thread.

Never been in a courtroom thank God nor do I ever want to be.

I have seen that film 12 Angry Men though, which is a classic. Every kid should he shown that as an example of how you should always stand up for what you believe is right.
One of my younger bros has been called for jury selection
Next month
Day before hes due to go on holiday
He cant understand it,
As he was up on IRA charges ( 17/18 years ago)
And held for a few months on remand
Hes like a dog over it.
So makes one wonder do they actually check up on ppl for selection at all?
Never ever expected to be called

Thanks

She just wants peace. She would love him to have a relationship with the kids and has tried to and stressed that if he was well and they were safe she would even have him in the house to see them. The youngest doesn't understand properly, she's autistic and quite innocent. I got my friend to write her a birthday card from him as she was so upset that he may forget it which of course he did. He's more interested in causing trouble than caring about his kids. He passed the older one recently and didn't even recognise her.

The guard just asked me not to interact with the circus he had there and get her out, I had no intention of doing so. 2 of them followed me to the jacks and stood either side of me when I was taking a piss. Laughable as I'd tear them apart without breaking a sweat. His mother also came near me and started going on about what a slut my partner is.

The fear is that he will try take the kids off for "detox" he's really unstable. It's a heart-breaking situation for us as I'm trying to see my kids then, but being a father to her kids. It's like polar opposites.
Dear lord, so after everything his mother then started insulting your current partner and the mother of her grandkids?
Wow, that's heavy fella. What a psycho family. Look after yourself. I'm sorry to hear that.
We only get one go at life and you, your partner and the kids should not be going through this on a Tuesday afternoon in October.
My buddy put up with a lot of crap off the Norrie wan alright. I think he regrets not getting the police involved and getting legal advice but I don't think he ever thought somebody would be such a psychotic c**t. He went out with her for a few months and she clearly got pregnant on purpose. Nobody in his family or any of our friends have children out of wedlock so he-& I-just assumed she'd fly to the UK. Kids are a big responsibility. You can't just have them like that. Unfortunately she's a "wan" so was all about money for her. 5 kids with 3 different men says it all.

It can be a sad place
I go in on occasion as my mate advises ppl on how to retain their homes,
Frustrate the system
Ref eviction

Opened my eyes to whats going on in our country,
Most ppl just go in and give up
agree to whatever tbe opposing barristers for the banks/ vulture funds say,
Others who take solid advice get to hold onto their homes until some form of a settlement happens,
Not all are successful but some are thankfully.
Ya, remember Joe Brolly being disgusted at the fact AIB were paying Stelling and Kamara to do a sweet "Journey to Croker" documentary about the GAA, the amateur ethos(usual patronising bs) as the same bank absolutely destroyed lives and made people homeless in a ruthless manner Monday-Friday. They were slagging PL players off and you feel like saying "yer both doing this documentary free I assume?"

Its a quagmire The situation ppl get into And from personal experience ( divorce/ custody issues) Its the bastard solicitors make things worse,
Gravy train,
We sorted it ourselves in the end,
I got to raise my youngest from 2 and a half on,
5 days a week.
Officially it was 50/50 But I wanted him in my life more,
So we agreed that Id have him mostly,
Hed be educated in my old schools in Bishopstown, Hed hopefully go to UCC ( did) Hes 20 now going on 21
Best thing that happened to me,
He kept me sane and busy,
Wed fuck all money when he was younger,
But boy did we have time 堆 I really sympathise with ppl going through divorce etc
Horrible horrible horrible experience, Put me off relationships permanently, Shagged about and boozed for a few years Now all thats gone 11 plus years aswell, Living and loving life, Gonna he a great grandfather this year aswell
That's fantastic news.
A great grandfather, you must be so excited..
Totally understand you being put off relationships. My buddy was the same. He did the travelling to Oz and wasn't interested in settling down as he, understandably, didn't trust women.
As I said, just don't cross the Lee again and you'll be fine. He met a lovely, well educated, well brought up country girl and they were together for years, got married and now have 3 wonderful kids. He's definitely still scarred from his psycho ex. She still has a lot to answer for but he at least has moved on.

Its a quagmire The situation ppl get into And from personal experience ( divorce/ custody issues) Its the bastard solicitors make things worse,
Gravy train,
We sorted it ourselves in the end,
I'm sure some do, but for the main part they do what they are instructed to do. Sometimes it is easier for a client to blame the solicitor than it is for them to accept that their own ex husband/wife is doing this to them.

My first message to any family law client is "The less you can agree with your spouse, the more money you will pay to me. You can control how much this costs"

The vast majority of the time, what is at issue is 1 house and a couple of kids. It shouldn't be rocket science to come to an agreement but sometimes people come into the process with entirely unreasonable expectations.

Dear lord, so after everything his mother then started insulting your current partner and the mother of her grandkids?
Wow, that's heavy fella. What a psycho family. Look after yourself. I'm sorry to hear that.
We only get one go at life and you, your partner and the kids should not be going through this on a Tuesday afternoon in October.
My buddy put up with a lot of crap off the Norrie wan alright. I think he regrets not getting the police involved and getting legal advice but I don't think he ever thought somebody would be such a psychotic c**t. He went out with her for a few months and she clearly got pregnant on purpose. Nobody in his family or any of our friends have children out of wedlock so he-& I-just assumed she'd fly to the UK. Kids are a big responsibility. You can't just have them like that. Unfortunately she's a "wan" so was all about money for her. 5 kids with 3 different men says it all.
No chance your friend could be held equally responsible for this reproductive choices, no?

If she was such a "wan" maybe he shouldn't have fucked her in the first place, or at least taken responsibility for his own condom use.

One of my younger bros has been called for jury selection
Next month
Day before hes due to go on holiday
He cant understand it,
As he was up on IRA charges ( 17/18 years ago)
And held for a few months on remand
Hes like a dog over it.
So makes one wonder do they actually check up on ppl for selection at all?
Never ever expected to be called

Attachments

• IMG_2065.png
    IMG_2065.png
    868 KB · Views: 17
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
M獺ire N穩 Cheileachair Song Workshop
MTU Cork School Of Music, Union Quay, Cork

5th Oct 2024 @ 11:00 am
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm