The Official BoB Rugby World Cup Thread

fintan fogerty

Boys Oh Boys Forum Users
Not long to go now BoBs. Warm ups start this weekend.

If the lads perform as they can then I feel we can get to the semis. And from there, anything can happen.

The key is topping the group. To do this we need to beat the Aussies. We can do it if we play like we did against England in the 6N but reduce the error count further (to practically zero really). We need to play a high intensity game up front. The fact that they're missing their top prop will help.

Bit worrying that D'Arcy is struggling to make it. Hope we're not landed with Paddy Wallace at 12. McFadden should get time there during warm ups. Hope Ferris makes it too.

September 17th will be a big day.

oh jesus oh jesus oh jesus... i'm pretty excitey about this now!!

the aussie match is going to be huge alright.... they gave SA a bit of a thumping there recently.

my biggest worry is that we bottle it like in the last wc. but if we don't and we play like bejaysus i think we could run them close alright.

Well, the Saffers only have about 5 of a top match day squad named for the trinations. Rumour has it that the other 25 of the WC squad are holed up in a sports institute training like Drago out of Rocky. They'll be hammered all trinations but will come to RWC a very different proposition.

If we do come second in the group, we would probby play them in QF. We would have a chance of upsetting them but I think we should be aiming to top the group.

Samoa showed that the Aussies don't like it up 'em. We have to get at them and try to bully them up front (I hope Ferris makes it). Their 10, Cooper is the best in the world with ball in hand but in the tackle he makes ROG look like Scott Gibbs (well, not really, but he's rubbish). We need player's like SOB running at him and he won't want to know.

We also need to try to neutralise Pocock but this is no mean feat.

Well, the Saffers only have about 5 of a top match day squad named for the trinations. Rumour has it that the other 25 of the WC squad are holed up in a sports institute training like Drago out of Rocky. They'll be hammered all trinations but will come to RWC a very different proposition.

If we do come second in the group, we would probby play them in QF. We would have a chance of upsetting them but I think we should be aiming to top the group.

Samoa showed that the Aussies don't like it up 'em. We have to get at them and try to bully them up front (I hope Ferris makes it). Their 10, Cooper is the best in the world with ball in hand but in the tackle he makes ROG look like Scott Gibbs (well, not really, but he's rubbish). We need player's like SOB running at him and he won't want to know.

We also need to try to neutralise Pocock but this is no mean feat.

is sean "poochie" cronin injury free at the momey?

is sean "poochie" cronin injury free at the momey?

Yes and he'll make the squad, along with Best and word has it that Flannery is good to go.

I reckon Flannery will be given plenty of game time in the warm ups to see if he can play his way back in to the no. 2 shirt. If he holds up, he should start as Cronin and Best turn what was possibly the second best lineout in the world into a complete shambles.

Cronin carries well but our big carriers should come from SOB/Ferris, Heaslip, Wallace and Churchy (if he's coming up).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Son Of Crazy Chester

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼