The Official Athletics Thread

Found the Mawdsley race on YT. I thought she looked thinner than before funnily enough. Well ahead of the rest. Also saw Adeleke, a solid run. But knocks the "Might she do the 200"question on the head anyway!

Prefontaine Classic. Saturday 21:00 Virgin Media 2

This is going to set the Narritive between now and Paris.

Nike oblige all their athletes to compete here if their event is listed (if not it was LA last weekend), and they are not injured.

There are head to heads all the way down the bill.

To add to this Athletics Kenya decided a week ago that this would be their mens and womens 10k trials event. Queue a massice scramble for visas, which are not assured

The mens is not in the TV window is the only thing. Gudef Tsegay is in there with Literally all the Kenyans, apparently eyeing a WR. You'd imagine the.Kenyans will all.be too busy Marking each other though for that

800m Women we get Keely and Mary Moraa. This was supposed to be a three way showdown but Athing Mu has a sore hammy or some shit and won't miss any training over it. Can the world Indoor champ Duguma split make it a big 4? Big race for Sage Hurta too. Raven Rogers and Ajee Wilson are not going well. Its this year or never for her to make a US team and Olympics.

Erryon Knighton scratched the 200m he appears to be injured at the wrong time.

Letsile Tebogo scrstched because his mam died last week aged 42.RIP.

But really this is about the mile and the mile only. Its basically the start list of the Olympic 1500m in Paris. there is 15 here, I'd say 10 of them will be in the 12 person Oly final.

Jacob is opening up. He missed about 3 months of training with an achillies problem and has been shit talking Josh Kerr hard.

Kerr has been shit talking back to the point where its tiresome. Kerr is better than last.year. World 3k Champ, 2 mile indoor WR, 61 min half and a 1:46 PB in the 800m

Jake Whiteman back needing to run the standard.Coming off a 1:44 low 800m last week.

Then you have all the rest. i don't know what'll happen but it'll have fireworks

Daycent scrap in the Prefontaine Mile. I'd say both winner and second will be happy enough. The rivalry is growing and it's great for athletics. Both 10,000s worth a watch too.

Daycent scrap in the Prefontaine Mile. I'd say both winner and second will be happy enough. The rivalry is growing and it's great for athletics. Both 10,000s worth a watch too.
Only saw highlights of the 10,000. I thought W5000m was a great battle, Womens Steeple was a weird one but good. W800m was significant.

Who is the French Wan in the 110m hurdles Semba-Mayer. She was unreal, definetly a medal contender and a complete smoke show

Sha'Carri turned it on after 2 shitty rounds of 200m in China with ETH DFl also significant.

Agree on the mile.Top 4 have reasons to be cheerful. Top 2 will be happy out for different reasons.

8 guys under 3:50.

She paced it perfectly. Looked like a prize fighter who had cut weight.
When she raced Mawdsley over 400 in Italy a fortnight ago, I thought KH looked like she had bulked up a bit since Budapest 2023. Better quality coverage over the weekend seems to confirm this. She looks like there’s a fair bit of S&C gone in over the past while.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cork/Brittany maritime Residency Exhibition

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼