The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Shame he’s leaving now as we have CL. His character and influence in the dressing room will be a big loss.
I remember arteta asked for just one more year and afterwards would help him get to where he wanted to go.

His family have had a hard time of it in engerland and he would be moving to a squad position with arsenal so you can't blame him.

Bar the palace game he shouldered a lot of shit without a word of complaint. That El T kept him from the pack of jokers he played with says a lot about the man.

Hope he gets a good send off.

And fucking decks the next cunt that fouls Saka on his way out.

I remember arteta asked for just one more year and afterwards would help him get to where he wanted to go.

His family have had a hard time of it in engerland and he would be moving to a squad position with arsenal so you can't blame him.

Bar the palace game he shouldered a lot of shit without a word of complaint. That El T kept him from the pack of jokers he played with says a lot about the man.

Hope he gets a good send off.

And fucking decks the next cunt that fouls Saka on his way out.
I had forgotten about that actually.

I can’t remember exactly how I felt at the time but I never really had a big problem with his reaction to the fans. I don’t see why fans can’t be challenged when they can often be wankers.

I think he’s a very proud man with strong beliefs and some clear limitations but his character seems to have been huge amongst the players.

Good luck to the guy!

I had forgotten about that actually.

I can’t remember exactly how I felt at the time but I never really had a big problem with his reaction to the fans. I don’t see why fans can’t be challenged when they can often be wankers.

I think he’s a very proud man with strong beliefs and some clear limitations but his character seems to have been huge amongst the players.

Good luck to the guy!
Well said.

I think the issue wasn't the reaction to the fans but the throwing of the armband on the ground.

I think it was bad from xhaka and the fans. And the club. He was the focal point for all that was wrong with the club. That moment was a culmination of him being a professional surrounded by donkeys and him getting the blame for being surrounded by donkeys.

I think the fans have tacitly acknowledged that with how they sing his name and how the club went out of their way to rehabilitate his image.

And also he tends to get the armband when the captain goes off. If that's not an admission of complicity from the club I don't know what is. These are the lads who froze out Özil and Auba at great cost. If they thought xhaka had mortally sinned he'd have been out the gap.

Meh, ok he was good this year after 5 average or below seasons, club needs an upgrade so happy to see him leave but at least he will leave with the good wishes of the fans so that's nice.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼