The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

How long would you give a manager to get Utd up to and beyond City's level? 2 years? 3 years max?
M8, Arteta has spent €700 million and inherited 3 players that are easily saleable for 100 million now in Saka, Martinelli and Saliba.

That a billon dollar squad. He's also had 4 and a half years. If any United manager had that time and money I'd be expecting a major trophy or two to show for it. Level of city or beyond is a moving target, ie bollocks. City have had a boy of a dip this year it's said. Yet they're now in control of the title race again.

I'd probably give Arteta one more year tbh. But if he couldn't deliver a major trophy by then?? How long does he get?

M8, Arteta has spent €700 million and inherited 3 players that are easily saleable for 100 million now in Saka, Martinelli and Saliba.

That a billon dollar squad. He's also had 4 and a half years. If any United manager had that time and money I'd be expecting a major trophy or two to show for it. Level of city or beyond is a moving target, ie bollocks. City have had a boy of a dip this year it's said. Yet they're now in control of the title race again.

I'd probably give Arteta one more year tbh. But if he couldn't deliver a major trophy by then?? How long does he get?
Pep is 8 years at City. Before that they were already winning the PL on the regular. He was bought in to make the CL city's.

He's managed a solitary CL in 8 years and it took him a long time to get there.

And that's walking into a setup and squad the envy if the world. And then spending a fortune on top of that.

Arteta has to compete with that plus he walked into a dumpster fire not unlike Utd in their current state.

So if Arteta gets 90+ points next year and still comes 2nd chances are I won't be calling for his head.

Saliba and Martinelli were both signed just 6 months before Arteta joined.

All 3 of Saka, Saliba, Martinelli were 18 when Arteta took the job.

That’s not exactly like Pep inheriting Xavi (27) Iniesta, (25) Messi (21).

One of the few reasons retaining ETH is justified by United fans is how he “developed” Garnacho and Mainoo.

Those two are brilliant in fairness but ye can’t say Mikel “inherited” his €300m worth of players but give credit to ETH for developing his lads..

As for the City dip, they just broke their record under Pep by going 30 games unbeaten.

They mightn’t be at their absolute peak but they’re still fucking incredible.

Pep is 8 years at City. Before that they were already winning the PL on the regular. He was bought in to make the CL city's.

He's managed a solitary CL in 8 years and it took him a long time to get there.

And that's walking into a setup and squad the envy if the world. And then spending a fortune on top of that.

Arteta has to compete with that plus he walked into a dumpster fire not unlike Utd in their current state.

So if Arteta gets 90+ points next year and still comes 2nd chances are I won't be calling for his head.

Already going 'next year' for 25/26.

Lol ye put the SSBs to shame.

One of the few reasons retaining ETH is justified by United fans is how he “developed” Garnacho and Mainoo.

Those two are brilliant in fairness but ye can’t say Mikel “inherited” his €300m worth of players but give credit to ETH for developing his lads..

As for the City dip, they just broke their record under Pep by going 30 games unbeaten.

Give him credit for developing them.

Fact is he has them, and his squad is worth a fortune.

Keep acting like city are unbeatable though, the lot of ye. Except they're not. If they were they wouldn't be 1 in 8 for CLs as Handy pointed out

Keep Arteta, keep playing TAA,

keep coming Second or third

Keep talking 90 points

Keep talking points totals

Etc etc

And I'll just :lol!:

Hes on six million pounds a year.

If he cant get them winning a league after 5 full seasons and probably a billion spent then they should employ someone who can.

Jesus lad. This isn't a court case.

You are free to admit that, from this position, two PL title challenges back-to-back would be a welcome surprise. We all know it.

The more you dodge around the question the sillier you look.

Your binary "he's won nuffink" argument doesn't reflect reality. At Arsenal the players, the fans, the guys in suits - they can all see that Arsenal are a very good footballing side now and are back in the mix for title 2 years on the bounce.

Arsenal are considerably better than they were when Arteta took over.

It would be utter madness to sack him this summer because City pipped them relatively narrowly to 2 titles.

That’s the crux of it!

Fans of one club are happy with something (Arteta, ETH, VVD) fans of other clubs can’t understand why and feel it necessary for it to be explained to them when minds are already made up.

Football innit

Fergie had been at Utd for 11 years when Wenger arrived

Fergie had been at Utd for 17 years when Jose arrived.

24 years when Mancini arrived.

By your logic those guys should never have won a league title.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼