The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

instead of the ref taken the wright option ??

richard-8541011922.jpg

This. Any contact would have done. He overplayed for it. But you see then given far more often than not.

Any talk of the pen that Bayern should have got to handball by Gabriel from the goal kick? Strange and rare situation. Only saw the highlights. 2-2 at home isn’t a bad result anymore. During away goals days it would have been a bad result.
Probably could have been given but I'd agree with the decision. We're seeing too many penalties these days for at most minor infringements and minor contact.

We used to hear a lot from managers and commentators and pundits, "Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul" when it came to tackles in the box. It's gone the other way now with VAR. Often fouls/contact are let go out the field and then penalties given later for less contact in the box.

Probably could have been given but I'd agree with the decision. We're seeing too many penalties these days for at most minor infringements and minor contact.

We used to hear a lot from managers and commentators and pundits, "Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul" when it came to tackles in the box. It's gone the other way now with VAR. Often fouls/contact are let go out the field and then penalties given later for less contact in the box.
I don’t think anyone would want to see a penalty given for that last night. I am surprised Tuchel mentioned it but I think that in itself shows how desperate Bayern are now to try gain any edge they can get.

But it was incredibly stupid by Gabriel. Raya passed the ball 4 yards to the side. Why did Gabriel feel the need to retake and pass it back to Raya? Literally no need for any of that messing whatsoever. And while it would have been a bit farcical, Arsenal got away with it on the basis of the rules being the rules.

I don’t think anyone would want to see a penalty given for that last night. I am surprised Tuchel mentioned it but I think that in itself shows how desperate Bayern are now to try gain any edge they can get.

But it was incredibly stupid by Gabriel. Raya passed the ball 4 yards to the side. Why did Gabriel feel the need to retake and pass it back to Raya? Literally no need for any of that messing whatsoever. And while it would have been a bit farcical, Arsenal got away with it on the basis of the rules being the rules.
Sorry it was the Saka one I was replying about but I agree with you. Couldn't be giving a penalty for that.

Screenshot_20240410_201706_X.jpg

This is what I'm talking about when it comes to there now nearly being a higher threshold out the pitch than in the box. Same referee gave a penalty straight away against AWB on Sunday. No free for this, a blatant foul in the middle of the pitch.

No one would expect you to miss an opportunity to watch your two favourite teams battle it out m8.
Wout? I'm a Madrid fan now too?

Look fella, let me explain it to you. I follow one team.

I don't rumba when Madrid win.
I don't cha cha when Liverpool win.
I don't Lambada when City win
And I don't fandango when Bumnal win

I only dance for one team m8, and I don't dance much anymore 😢

Get it? You SSB.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Meadhbh Walsh
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ruben Berrios Septet