The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah - decent public rep for his constituents by all accounts. Will keep his seat if he does run again but had little idea or understanding of life outside areas not served by Dart or Luas lines and made little effort to grow the party voter base outside of Dumpland.

Catherine Martin may be more radical than ER. She could pull the plug on coalition early to gain some credit with the soft green vote who'd be happier not to be supporting a FFG government!
Tough one when 35% of the population live in rural areas.

The rural link and local link services have helped but it is impossible in a country where for decades local Councilor's will get you planning permission for a dormer bungalow half-way up a mountain and then both parties complain about the lack of public services including schools, health and access to public transport etc.

The whole State needs huge investment in infrastructure including public transport and roads like Cork-Limerick

Guess she won't be able to accuse Catherine Marin of "Mansplaining" things to her as she likes to do with current three government party leaders!!

Marylou looked liked she was fit to kill when Harris asked her not to "Mary Lou splain" some issue she brought up in the dail last week!!
Also Catherine Martin can tell Mary Sew that at least she was democratically elected leader and that she is the leader.

Ryan steps down after the Greens poor showing the the recent elections.

F.G. get a boost as Varadkar (Remember him?) steps down.

Mary Lou wants "change" but not that kind of "change" and is sweating it all out as Belfast decides her future.

The members of S.F. do not even decide who leads the party.

MLMcD should go but for much the same reason as FG chose Varadkar over Coveney, I think the Greens will pick O'Gorman over Martin, I think having a female Dublin leader has an electoral premium on it that this close to an election can't be easily thrown away.

I'm not saying they're should be a premium to being from Dublin or to being female but in reality there is.

MLMcD should go but for much the same reason as FG chose Varadkar over Coveney, I think the Greens will pick O'Gorman over Martin, I think having a female Dublin leader has an electoral premium on it that this close to an election can't be easily thrown away.

I'm not saying they're should be a premium to being from Dublin or to being female but in reality there is.
MLMD just does not have the depth of talent behind her in her shadow cabinet with an obvious successor and that is a huge problem for S.F.

Martin would be a good fit for the Greens as there are enough men at the top.

MLMD just does not have the depth of talent behind her in her shadow cabinet with an obvious successor and that is a huge problem for S.F.

Martin would be a good fit for the Greens as there are enough men at the top.
I don't think she brings non Greens with her like O'Gorman will.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Best Of Cork Summer Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼