The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

And RJ is finishing up, there was sweet FA value there and an FU to Munster for all they did for him.

Meanwhile the way the D4 media are going on its like the Messiah has arrived up there.

He didn't do much at Munster so I don't know why they are getting so worked up.

Bit of fault on both sides I think - didn't help that in his first game for us his two lifters just dropped him out of the sky and he landed badly putting him out of the game for a year or more.

Delighted we retained Klyne. Great when he started, then I think started to mind himself and was only a shadow of the guy he had been. But came back last season and a half and boy did Ireland miss him in the World Cup. Had he been in the Leinster squad I've no doubt he'd have been in the Irish WC squad where we fared poorly in the lineout, especially after Ryan was out.

Bit of fault on both sides I think - didn't help that in his first game for us his two lifters just dropped him out of the sky and he landed badly putting him out of the game for a year or more.

Delighted we retained Klyne. Great when he started, then I think started to mind himself and was only a shadow of the guy he had been. But came back last season and a half and boy did Ireland miss him in the World Cup. Had he been in the Leinster squad I've no doubt he'd have been in the Irish WC squad where we fared poorly in the lineout, especially after Ryan was out.

Correct. Our lads were responsible.

IRFU aside, we needed to move on a lock to give EdEd and Ahern game time - these are exceptional talents.

I'd prefer to retain Kleyn than RG so good decision IMO - no blame to RG here provided he doesn't go to Leinster

Wig has confirmed that RG will be out until March. At least he will be fresh at the business end of the season. I doubt if we've ever signed a big name player that has played fewer games over 3 seasons than RG

Ironically we have 2 URC games at the end of March, then we've got 2 games in South Africa on 20th and 27th April.

Hopefully RG can help deliver another trophy

Rumour doing the rounds that we've signed another big name forward

Wig has confirmed that RG will be out until March. At least he will be fresh at the business end of the season. I doubt if we've ever signed a big name player that has played fewer games over 3 seasons than RG

Ironically we have 2 URC games at the end of March, then we've got 2 games in South Africa on 20th and 27th April.

Hopefully RG can help deliver another trophy

Rumour doing the rounds that we've signed another big name forward
Brian Lima, Christian Cullen, Brian Carney

Over 3 seasons to be fair to old man Soundy.

Lima was short term.
Cullen was broken.

Howlett is the exception that proves the rule. Munster always do better with under the radar type signings for NIQs it seems.
in fairness to Barry i was way off

Cullen played 44 times in 3 years, Carney 20 times in 2 years and Lima 0 for about 3 months before having a decent enough season at Bristol.

RG has only 10 appearances.

Forgot Lima signed for Munster.

I think you can add Jason Jenkins to that list, especially with him pissing off to Leinster once he got fit...
Nick Williams was another one that springs to mind. Sonny Bill's cousin

i remeber seeing him play for Dolphin in what must have been an Junior Cup final. one of my buddies was telling me he was murder for Riordans, yer man Tony McGahon made him play in it to lose weight. had a decent career in Ulster after.

Last edited:
Zebo is out for Friday. Wig says he has a 'niggle' so might be ok for Bayonne

Zebo now that he's shown there's still a bit in the tank, is very important until Haley or Liam Coombes comes back

Wig has some decisions to make - he needs to know what Jager and Sean O Brien (at centre) can do, so this looks like the game to find out.

I'd go with Daly, McCarthy, Nanks, SOB, Nash, Crowley, Casey, Loughman, Barron, Jager, EdEd, Kleyn, Ahern, Hodnett, Beirne

Subs - Killer, Buckley, Ryan, Kendellan, Coombes, Murray, Frisch, Scannell

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Emma Doran - Stand-Up Comedy Club
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Sep 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼