The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

Perfect match for the young lads to get valuable game time. Butler did really well

What a moment for Ben O Connor - making his senior debut in Cork. Add an AI U20 and its been a memorable 2023.

We could see EdEd, Tom Ahern, Coombes, Gleeson & Hodnett or Quinn line out together for Irl. They have the potential

Perfect match for the young lads to get valuable game time. Butler did really well

What a moment for Ben O Connor - making his senior debut in Cork. Add an AI U20 and its been a memorable 2023.

We could see EdEd, Tom Ahern, Coombes, Gleeson & Hodnett or Quinn line out together for Irl. They have the potential
Yeah, great to see Ben get on the pitch. And great to see that Munster Rugby found a pair of shorts to fit him. 😂

Speaking of rig outs, who should I see cycling home from his TV duties in Musgrave only Donncha O'Callaghan. Great to see Donncha keeping the fitness levels up. The only problem was that he had absolutely no lights on his bicyclette (it was 7:50pm at this stage). And to make matters much worse, he was dressed from head to toe in total black. He actually couldn't have been making it any more difficult for traffic to see him.
Donnach, do yourself a favour and get a few reflectors and lighs for the old bike.

Failing that maybe root out the old red knickers and wear them on the outside of the black outfit and give traffic some chance of spotting you.

Hopefully but you never know they might be shoehorned Baird into 8, Prendergast into second row and McCarthy to 6 at that stage too. Frawley might be an openside too.

Culhane at Leinster looks good. Penney still deserves a shot. The backrow depth is incredible

Hopefully but you never know they might be shoehorned Baird into 8, Prendergast into second row and McCarthy to 6 at that stage too. Frawley might be an openside too.

Culhane at Leinster looks good. Penney still deserves a shot. The backrow depth is incredible
Thought Will Connors was showing good signs in an Irish shirt before his injury woes too so he might get back into the mix

Watched the match in two parts, second half today. I know it's only Dragons and I know they were down players, but the future looks bright for Munster at the moment. Academy is going very well. Front row is the only area of concern. EdEd,(as we are apparently calling him) and Ahern were excellent. Butler had an extremely assured game. Nash has kept his very good form from last season. Can't see him being out of the 6N squad, he's got actual speed, which is in short supply across the provinces. Remarkable to see Gleeson scoring on his debut, the sky's the limit there. Patterson was very good, Casey was interestingly calm, time in Ireland camp may have taught him a few things, and a realisation that he's no longer one of the kids.

I really like Kendellan, great attitude and work rate. I just don't know what he is. He's not a pure 7, and he's not built to play 6 against a big pack. I feel that he's going to be a URC player mainly and that the only Heino action he'll see will be against non-French or English teams.

Watched the match in two parts, second half today. I know it's only Dragons and I know they were down players, but the future looks bright for Munster at the moment. Academy is going very well. Front row is the only area of concern. EdEd,(as we are apparently calling him) and Ahern were excellent. Butler had an extremely assured game. Nash has kept his very good form from last season. Can't see him being out of the 6N squad, he's got actual speed, which is in short supply across the provinces. Remarkable to see Gleeson scoring on his debut, the sky's the limit there. Patterson was very good, Casey was interestingly calm, time in Ireland camp may have taught him a few things, and a realisation that he's no longer one of the kids.

I really like Kendellan, great attitude and work rate. I just don't know what he is. He's not a pure 7, and he's not built to play 6 against a big pack. I feel that he's going to be a URC player mainly and that the only Heino action he'll see will be against non-French or English teams.
I would consider Kendellan an out and out 7, just not your classic poacher type, in the same was that POM is not your classic 6, lacks size but fantastic at the ruck

Thought Will Connors was showing good signs in an Irish shirt before his injury woes too so he might get back into the mix
He was. He's just not back up there yet. He's a tackling machine too.

It's been mentioned before but Kendellan at hooker might definitely be worth looking into. Hard to see his fit in the backrow

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ultan Conlon
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

19th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼