The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

Haley was terrible.

Trying to blame Carbery for that error strewn display is just bizarre.

Munster got two tries completely against the run of play.

The missed tackles for their try.
Jesus wept.

Pathetic display.
I didn't see it at all, it was just from the report, where incidentally Wales Online called him Joel Carbery, which was nice.

Munster played some nice rugby for 5 minutes before HT but the other 75 minutes was disgraceful. Healy and Casey did OK but the rest should be left find their own way home from Newport. The most inept display I've ever seen from a Munster Side.

The penalty count was mind-boggling, scrum and line outs a shamble, the amount of knock-ons, forward passes, turn-overs on breakdown & missed tackles was beyond belief.

This squad needs to have a good look at itself and find its form very quickly or we won't be playing Heinekin Cup next season

Too many average players in that Munster side which to be fair we've known for a while.

You cant challenge for Europe with a front row consisting of the likes of Scannell and Archer.

Snyman will improve the pack but even in the back row while there is good talent around like Coombes/Kendellen/JOD/Hodnett their work will be undone by a front row that will get destroyed by the top 5 or 6 sides

I dont see it with Casey lads! I really don't. I think he is headless and continues to snipe too much and run into trouble. Id still start him as much as possible but I cant see him getting much game time for Ireland with Doak coming through

I also don't think Healy has it for top level Rugby and time is running out for Carberry to prove himself

The outside backs are even more depressing. it says it all about the talent coming through that an out of shape Zebo and an ageing Earls are still the best options on the wing along with conway at either wing or full back

Centre is a block hole of homegrown talent

Maybe I'm over reacting to two away losses but I've a bad feeling that Munster will fall further behind Leinster and even Ulster this season

Munster played some nice rugby for 5 minutes before HT but the other 75 minutes was disgraceful. Healy and Casey did OK but the rest should be left find their own way home from Newport. The most inept display I've ever seen from a Munster Side.

The penalty count was mind-boggling, scrum and line outs a shamble, the amount of knock-ons, forward passes, turn-overs on breakdown & missed tackles was beyond belief.

This squad needs to have a good look at itself and find its form very quickly or we won't be playing Heinekin Cup next season

Couldn't get over how poorly they played when the game was clearly there for the taking. Dropping the ball, forward passing, missing tackles. It was shambolic. And as you say, when we played for 5 minutes before half time we charged back into it.

With JJ missing an easy conversion and penalty Munster should've smelt blood and closed it out. Instead they pulled Cardiff back into it. Embarrassing display by some who should have been way above this level but alas weren't

Too many average players in that Munster side which to be fair we've known for a while.

You cant challenge for Europe with a front row consisting of the likes of Scannell and Archer.

Snyman will improve the pack but even in the back row while there is good talent around like Coombes/Kendellen/JOD/Hodnett their work will be undone by a front row that will get destroyed by the top 5 or 6 sides

I dont see it with Casey lads! I really don't. I think he is headless and continues to snipe too much and run into trouble. Id still start him as much as possible but I cant see him getting much game time for Ireland with Doak coming through

I also don't think Healy has it for top level Rugby and time is running out for Carberry to prove himself

The outside backs are even more depressing. it says it all about the talent coming through that an out of shape Zebo and an ageing Earls are still the best options on the wing along with conway at either wing or full back

Centre is a block hole of homegrown talent

Maybe I'm over reacting to two away losses but I've a bad feeling that Munster will fall further behind Leinster and even Ulster this season

I've never bought into Carbery, he's just too soft both physically and in terms of attitude. I do think Healy has more potential but I was also certain JJ was going to be an Irish international when he first broke on the scene so what do I know.

Our front row will be found out massively. Miles away from the standard needed to compete with the big boys come the business end of the season.

Earls is probably one of my favourite ever Munster players but he is on his last legs.
Zebo is overweight plain and simple.

I feel the game plan and the players execution of it will slowly improve as the season goes on and we will have our signature one or two "to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible" mighty performances but with the lack of quality we have in some key positions, this season will inevitably end just like every other has over the last decade! At best in an "honourable" defeat, at worst being absolutely embarrassed just like we were by Ulster last season.

Tis grim.

Possibly a vain attempt to explain it, but reports are that their training is a lot faster than previously:

"Earlier this week, new defence coach Denis Leamy spoke of ‘changing habits’ and adjusting the way Munster train.

“I think we’re probably just training a bit faster, training at a bit of a different tempo than we were,” Wycherley continues.

“I’m not saying whether that was a bad thing or a good thing, but I’m just really enjoying it. I’m enjoying the pace of it and enjoying the way we’re playing at the moment.” "

Wonder if that's influencing performances, tired legs n all that. Possibly wishful thinking.

I've never bought into Carbery, he's just too soft both physically and in terms of attitude. I do think Healy has more potential but I was also certain JJ was going to be an Irish international when he first broke on the scene so what do I know.

Our front row will be found out massively. Miles away from the standard needed to compete with the big boys come the business end of the season.

Earls is probably one of my favourite ever Munster players but he is on his last legs.
Zebo is overweight plain and simple.

I feel the game plan and the players execution of it will slowly improve as the season goes on and we will have our signature one or two "to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible" mighty performances but with the lack of quality we have in some key positions, this season will inevitably end just like every other has over the last decade! At best in an "honourable" defeat, at worst being absolutely embarrassed just like we were by Ulster last season.

Tis grim.
Lacking pace on the wing as 10 players away with the emerging Ireland lark

Zebo & Earls way off the mark and not fully fit.

Fock knows what goes through Archers head at times and Kleyn was badly missed when he went off for the H.I.A.

Healy never controls a game and when Carbery plays I am only waiting for him to go off injured.

I would hate to be playing Leinster in a few weeks' time as they could be seriously embarrassed up against a top side.

Zebo looked like an old lad running for the bus when he got burnt by the Dragons winger.
Far too many players not good enough.

Fekitoa would want to get into it too paying that much for a marquee player should demand a higher standard of performance.

Zebo looked like an old lad running for the bus when he got burnt by the Dragons winger.
Far too many players not good enough.

Fekitoa would want to get into it too paying that much for a marquee player should demand a higher standard of performance.

Feikitoa being used as a primary ball carrier due to the lack of them in the forward pack.
Would be better used in wider spaces and most likely will be when Frisch/Coombes/Snyman etc are all back

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Flash Harry - A Celebration of Queen

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼