The Hurling Thread

Shane Dowling once again this year is painful and most bias pundit ever, RTE need to get rid of him
He reflects the county he’s from. If and when Limerick lose, it will be a pleasure to watch him eat humble pie. Right now he’s usually bragging about Limerick, and criticizing every other team. Limerick are top dog and rest playing for second place.

Could be a very interesting end to the league.

We still have an outside chance of qualifying but hard to see it happen in fairness. As do Galway but I'm predicting Limerick, Clare, Tipp and Kilkenny. If that's the case it we could very easily see Limerick V Clare final, 2 weeks before they meet in championship.

If that happens what do Clare do. I feel they'd nearly have to go for it and not bother shadow boxing. A national title would be important for them. Limerick could take it or leave it. Would make no odds to them.

Or would one or both teams put out an experimental team in the league semi and lose??

Clare are motoring nicely and the likes of Adam Hogan, Rodgers, Lohan have bolstered their options significantly In recent years.

TK and SOD are bearing a return so I think they have the second best 15 on paper and physicality to put it up to limerick.

Would not be surprised if Galway beat limerick in salt hill and qualify for league semifinal. Henry will want a big performance after the semi final loss last year. And it’s a big double header.

Clare are motoring nicely and the likes of Adam Hogan, Rodgers, Lohan have bolstered their options significantly In recent years.

TK and SOD are bearing a return so I think they have the second best 15 on paper and physicality to put it up to limerick.

Would not be surprised if Galway beat limerick in salt hill and qualify for league semifinal. Henry will want a big performance after the semi final loss last year. And it’s a big double header.
The loss of Daithi Burke & Conor Whelan is a huge blow though.

I just have a feeling that Clare are not going to be as formidable in championship as everyone seems to think they'll be this year.
#feelingnotfacts

Totally agree, RTE have some ghouls on punditry but they play the auld game and suck up to the right people. Dowling, Cusack, Tyrrell just love the sound of their voice and their mugs up on screen. Vindictive shower.
On other hand there are a few good ones. Brendan Cummins knows his stuff and gives a balanced opinion. Ursula Jacob is another very good addition so it's not all bad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Strangeways Club Night*

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼