The Hurling Thread

What can the GAA do? Suspend him? Don't be daft, it's an amateur sport.
Dont think the GAA can do anything about it.
Presume you can't be charged with bringing the game into disrepute over negative media attention arising from an incident in your personal life.

Regardless of the GAA not being able to do anything about this, it's still not a good look. It reflects poorly on John Kiely also not that he will give a crap at this stage and especially if they win the 5 in a row.

Dont think the GAA can do anything about it.
Presume you can't be charged with bringing the game into disrepute over negative media attention arising from an incident in your personal life.

Regardless of the GAA not being able to do anything about this, it's still not a good look. It reflects poorly on John Kiely also not that he will give a crap at this stage and especially if they win the 5 in a row.

Tbh, it reflects poorly to those of us looking in and not from Limerick. Up there they and Kiely don't care as long as the best team take the field and if Kyle Hayes was a Cork player in the same situation, I would want him playing as well.

Am I the only one that thinks that Kiely couldn’t and shouldn’t suspend him and made the correct call?

I also can’t believe the double standards.
What about our own wing man who assaulted and did damage to a guy in the pub over a girl too- but the money did the job there.
Everyone in Cork hurling circles knows and even the dogs on the street know about what one of our own legends did to the mother of his children.. he wasn’t dropped or suspended and didn’t even get his name in the papers…
And there was plenty more like them…
Im unaware of these incidents. Are these in the public domain? As in were they in the courts or have they been reported on in the media? If not then they can't really be compared to the Kyle Hayes incident.

Tbh, it reflects poorly to those of us looking in and not from Limerick. Up there they and Kiely don't care as long as the best team take the field and if Kyle Hayes was a Cork player in the same situation, I would want him playing as well.
Oh I can understand entirely why they are turning a blind eye to it and its easy enough see why a jury of Limerick people let him off with the more serious charge.

If Hayes was a Cork player I've no idea how I'd feel about the whole situation. I'd like to think I'd be impartial about it but it's probably more likely I'd be biased and after one or 2 poor results I'd be screaming for his return. Human nature I suppose. Hopefully we will never be in that situation.

Im unaware of these incidents. Are these in the public domain? As in were they in the courts or have they been reported on in the media? If not then they can't really be compared to the Kyle Hayes incident.
So assault is ok if it doesn’t get into the papers?
Once it’s hushed up with money and brushed under the carpet it’s ok?

Back to hurling. I hear finn is back in full training and will see league action. Talk is Fergal o Connor is pushing a spot with Mike Casey to lose out with Richie English not making the bench. Also Flanagan is not nailed down. Under pressure from o Brien and o dalghaigh. Rest are certains

Back to hurling. I hear finn is back in full training and will see league action. Talk is Fergal o Connor is pushing a spot with Mike Casey to lose out with Richie English not making the bench. Also Flanagan is not nailed down. Under pressure from o Brien and o dalghaigh. Rest are certains
Who gives a fuck 🤣🤣🤣

Am I the only one that thinks that Kiely couldn’t and shouldn’t suspend him and made the correct call?

I also can’t believe the double standards.
What about our own wing man who assaulted and did damage to a guy in the pub over a girl too- but the money did the job there.
Everyone in Cork hurling circles knows and even the dogs on the street know about what one of our own legends did to the mother of his children.. he wasn’t dropped or suspended and didn’t even get his name in the papers…
And there was plenty more like them…
Look at the big man coming on throwing gossip around the place

Don’t forget to change your nickers, they must be drenched with the thrill of it all

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pierce Turner
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼