The Hurling Thread

Is it true that he has another court case coming up after the current one? Heard it from a few people.
I know his two older brothers were in trouble and had a case, I don't know the outcome, assault as well. However some one did make reference to Hayes and one of those brothers having another case coming up but didn't expand on it. It's on the thread in the LF.

Kyle Hayes is named at wing back for Limerick for their league game v Dublin in Croke Park on Saturday evening.
This is not a good look for Limerick and this is not a good look for the GAA.

We (as in GAA people) already have a reputation for being soft on violence in our games and for turning somewhat of a blind eye to misbehaviour in society by other GAA members.
I say this as an out and out GAA man but there is an element of truth to it. This sorry saga only further reinforces that belief. There's a real anti GAA brigade in society who are loving every minute of this as it does reputational damage to the association.

This is not a good look for Limerick and this is not a good look for the GAA.

We (as in GAA people) already have a reputation for being soft on violence in our games and for turning somewhat of a blind eye to misbehaviour in society by other GAA members.
I say this as an out and out GAA man but there is an element of truth to it. This sorry saga only further reinforces that belief. There's a real anti GAA brigade in society who are loving every minute of this as it does reputational damage to the association.
What can the GAA do? Suspend him? Don't be daft, it's an amateur sport.

Am I the only one that thinks that Kiely couldn’t and shouldn’t suspend him and made the correct call?

I also can’t believe the double standards.
What about our own wing man who assaulted and did damage to a guy in the pub over a girl too- but the money did the job there.
Everyone in Cork hurling circles knows and even the dogs on the street know about what one of our own legends did to the mother of his children.. he wasn’t dropped or suspended and didn’t even get his name in the papers…
And there was plenty more like them…

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Casper Walsh
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

10th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Sarah Lou

Arty's Bar, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼