The Hurling Thread

I disagree, they've been passengers this year especially Lynch

I'd start O Neill or Hayes at center forward, if the latter with Coughlan at 7
I agree Cook, they are being picked on reputation. Look at O’Neill today when given the Peter Casey role, he flourished, ye need to spring Shane O Brien and Adam Costello, two superb hurlers who are hungry as fuck, some of yer older fellas look like they have won enough for themselves

I agree Cook, they are being picked on reputation. Look at O’Neill today when given the Peter Casey role, he flourished, ye need to spring Shane O Brien and Adam Costello, two superb hurlers who are hungry as fuck, some of yer older fellas look like they have won enough for themselves
At the moment it gives that impression, the time is probably right for some natural turnover.

The established lads have a lot of miles on the clock

I wonder if there's any grain of truth to trouble in the camp?

Absolutely not a single grain of truth seems to be the overriding story from anyone who would have anyone close to the camp

Just my two cents but this championship is going exactly as I thought it would. I think Limerick had a massive hop on teams in 20. Settled team playing at their peak when nearly every other team was in flux. Maximised it. Built on that. Won 20 and 21 easy tbh. I think they’re been a lot of progress by all the other teams. I’m not sure we’ve gone back a lot just the natural cycles of tipp cork Clare getting guys fit getting more settled teams. Every team that played lim last year had their best game by far. That’s draining.
This year munster teams are all having a cut off each other. Now that will bring them all on but it means they may be equally tired come all Ireland time. Losing munster final and the disciplinary issues after killed Clare last year.
Which ever of cork or Limerick sneak thro Sunday will be quietly confident. If cork beat the champs it sets them up massively. If Limerick win they’ll happily take on kk or Galway in the quarter final.

the oldest man on the field who has looked yesterday man all last season is the guy who changed it for us today. Normally if I was seeing graeme come on this season I’d be holding my head but fair bloody fucks to the lad.

I could be wrong but I think they’re trying very hard to get the mileage into Cian and Gearoid in the hope that it will start to click. I think given the rumours I think not starting Gearoid would have been a folly as we would have had 4 days of media bs which doesn’t help.
I don’t think Costello is the answer tbh. Richie English has looked sharp tho. O brien probably is in a year but it’s an incredibly demanding task playing at the top of our system. There is an amount of thankless running. I’d say give him another season n he’ll be a starter.

Limerick are on life support because their 3 hotys are in weird awful disinterested form. Calls to drop all 3 from the limerick supporters. Problem is these are not Aussie gleesons. They have proven class and I expect 2/3 of them to be back to best next week

The GAA need to start copping on with the referring situation in hurling.

Appointing a Limerick man to officiate a Cork V Clare game that could have a bearing on Limericks season. Awful decision.

The diving element that's creeping into the game needs to be stamped out. Tony Kelly at it there at the end of the Cork V Clare today only the latest in a long line of players guilty of it this season.

But most importantly of all, another week, another blast of head high hits. Now I believe the hits this week were more accidental but I couldn't believe that Cathal Barrett was allowed play on after his wallop. I thought he looked concussed and sure enough a few minutes later he has to come off. Think twas Diarmuid Byrnes as well in the first half, thought he looked rattled after a big hit but he steadied up after half time. GAA need to be more proactive on concussion. It's very haphazard at the moment.

TBH Vlad, I think that is a bit of a nonsense. What was wrong with his performance today?
Nothing wrong with his performance today but could you imagine if he had made a wrong call that ultimately had a say that benefited Limerick. It could and probably will happen in the future and will cause a needless controversy.

Why not have Munster refs reffing Leinster games and Leinster refs reffing Munster games.

That way your not running the risk of causing controversy and giving cranks like me further ammunition to have pop off the GAA and the way they run hurling.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼